“My favorite brunch place”
Review of Sabrina's Cafe

Sabrina's Cafe
Ranked #31 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Born out of Robert & Raquel DeAbreu's desire to create a comfortable, welcoming place that served great food at great prices; Sabrina’s Café opened in 2001 serving up now infamous staples like Stuffed Challah French Toast, The Barking Chihuahua, and their Huevos Rancheros. A great brunch spot, Sabrinas Cafe also features creative dinner fare that is just as impressive.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

You ever visit a place and try something that you liked so much that you seem to keep ordering it again and again? I have perused this menu so many times, have whiffed many plates of eggs, salads, sandwiches and pancakes as they go by me...I always seem to go back for the vegan "cheesesteak" and polenta fries (I shared it once with my daughter, who is a vegetarian--now I crave it, it's that good). The only way to know is to go and experience it. Food is fresh, service is friendly. You might have to wait for a table, so try calling ahead and give your name. They don't take reservations, but calling ahead may shorten your wait time.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place must be printing money...and they deserve it. It was the Saturday before Easter and we were told there would be about a 45 minute wait. We waited in the packed restaurant for an hour and a half. Why? Why would anyone be crazy enough to wait that long? Because I saw the food they were serving and it looked so good I was willing to wait any amount of time to get it!

We were finally seated and I ordered the Eggs Benedict Florentine. I was with two friends and they each ordered an entree as well, then we ordered one order of the Challah French Toast for the table.

The eggs Benedict were absolute perfection. The egg was perfectly poached...not too well done, not too raw, and the Hollandaise sauce was spectacular. Really, the best EB I've ever had. It came with home fries, which were well browned and seasoned and all kinds of yummy.

Then there's that French toast. I can't tell you how wonderful that stuff is. If I'm ever on death row, that's what I want for my last meal. It'd almost be worth being on death row...aw, no, check that...nothing's THAT good!

The service was superb.

Anyway, it's crowded, noisy, busy and not cheap, but it's worth every minute of the wait. It would have gotten five stars except it has all the atmosphere of a truck stop diner.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great location: I went to college in Philly and never visited the Italian market before. Let's just say I'm grateful, because I would have rolled home at the end of the school year!

Back to Sabrina's...funky little place with amazing food. I had a lox and onion omelette and my wife had some kind of vegetable omelette. The French Toast looked totally decadent; had I not been on a low carb diet, that would have been my lunch!

Coffee was superb (I must have imbibed four or five cups). As Arnold says, "I'll be back."

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great place. We got there at 8:00 a.m., just after it opened so there was no wait at all. The place, to me appeared to be filled with locals. The staff super nice and the food........I only wish I had a few more days to go back and try some other dishes, because the stuffed french toast was delicious.

Set down at the Italian Market, its just a great place to go. I can't think of one negative thing to say about it. Basically, to me, if you're in Philly and don't go find a place like this, you're missing a lot of what the place has to offer.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've been going to Isgro's for cannoli every Good Friday for 35 years now, and one day a few years ago we sort of fell into Sabrina's for brunch and have made it a regular stop on the schedule. In some ways it reminds me a bit of Dock's Oyster House in Atlantic City; the layout is dreadful, it's crowded and there's always a wait to use the bathrooms. There's a pleasantly ramshackle feel to the place that actually adds to the experience.
Then there's the food. The stuffed french toast is not to be missed, but my favorite breakfast food is huevos rancheros. The huevos at Sabrina's are IMO the best I've ever eaten, and I've had them at the Bluebird Cafe in New Orleans. They are serious about how food should taste here, and it shows. The waitstaff is friendly and efficient, "not an ugly waiter in the bunch" according to my single daughter, and Sabrina's has quietly, but deservedly, built up a bit of a following. They deserve it. Any place that can satisfy my family of a younger vegans and older meat eaters must be doing something right.