“Adorable environment; delicious food!”
Review of Sabrina's Cafe

Sabrina's Cafe
Ranked #29 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Born out of Robert & Raquel DeAbreu's desire to create a comfortable, welcoming place that served great food at great prices; Sabrina’s Café opened in 2001 serving up now infamous staples like Stuffed Challah French Toast, The Barking Chihuahua, and their Huevos Rancheros. A great brunch spot, Sabrinas Cafe also features creative dinner fare that is just as impressive.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Adorable environment; delicious food!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I heard rumors that this place had the best brunch in the city, and I couldn't wait to try it the other night. We came here for 'breakfast for dinner', and we were not disappointed. My boyfriend ordered the Huevos Rancheros, which he said were spicy but delicious. I got the stuffed french toast, and it was perfect. They even added a candle because it was his birthday. Really great service with a really sweet waitress, and we brought our own bottle of wine because it's BYOB. No corking fee, adorable environment, and perfect for a week-night dinner. I would absolutely come back here again and again!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very personalized service and good food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

As a vegetarian, I hesitated staying when I smelled the bacon, but the waitress was so friendly and attentive, that I decided to stay anyway. There's actually a whole vegetarian section on their menu and the food was better than I expected. Being in Philly, I thought I should really try the Philly Cheesesteaks, but being a vegetarian, I hadn't had the chance to try it until I got to Sabrina's. Vegetarian Philly Cheesesteaks made with seitan and fried onions with melted cheese on a hoagie was better than I thought it would be and the serving size was generous. It was attractively served with a side of a delicious cabbage-based salad.

The line was long outside, but I got my food right away since I was alone and took a seat at the bar.

Visited November 2012
cylmorg
“Enormous portions!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate at Sabrina's for breakfast twice during our visit. Very friendly staff, fast service, great food. The French toast is excellent, coffee's good. Perfect place to load up for a day of sightseeing.

NC
“local cafe with great food and value”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family is on vacation in Philadelphia, staying on Ben Franklin Pkwy. We walked a few blocks to Sabrina's on Callowhill--and we are glad we did. It's like a hidden gem. The food was great, the portion sizes huge, and they serve breakfast all day. We have a teenager who loves French toast--and she claimed Sabrina's is some of the best she's eaten. My lentil stew (the soup du jour) was amazing. The only disconcerting note was the fact that it's BYOB. The neighbors obviously knew, since most people were walking in with wine bottles. But this tourist did not. Oh, well, that is a minor issue.

Charlotte
“Bewitching!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My daughter took us to Sabrina's while we were visiting her at college and it was a fantastic Philadelphia experience. We sat outside on a beautiful October day, the food was amazing and the staff was terrific. They had Halloween specials which all had creative names and even more creative recipes. I had the Breakfast Chainsaw Massacre which was to die for. Loved walking around the neighborhood too. A must-do in Philly.

• Visited October 2012