“A Beaming Euology for Eulogy”

Eulogy Belgian Tavern
Ranked #239 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Belgian, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Second
Transit: The Market/Frankford Subway stops at Second and Market Streets for an easy one block walk to the restaurant. Septa provides a 42 & 21 bus that stops at Second & Chestnut Streets. Philly Phlash also tours all key Philadelphia locations & stops near the restaurant at Third & Chestnut Streets.
Description: The 400 Greatest Beers You've Never Had ! The world's greatest beers deserve great food. We offer award winning fries, mussels, hamburgers, fish and chips and full dinner menu.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Reminded me of an English Pub. Great location in Penn's Landing, and a beer menu as large as the old NYC phone book. Wait staff knows their beers, and we ordered a big bucket of mussels and sauce. A great little find.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family had dinner here and it was fantastic. The menu is diverse with many choices. The restaurant is very small which translates into a bit of cramped quarters but once you get to eating you won't notice. The restaurant features a ginormous list of beers and it was easy to find a nice Belgian beer to go with the mussels.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Eulogy has a terrific beer list and a suitable selection on tap. The service was excellent and the comfortable setting is perfect to enjoy a great beer or two. If I lived locally it would certainly be my pub of choice. The only improvement I would recommend is to broaden the Belgium beer offerings that are on tap. I travel extensively in Europe and what separates an awesome pub from the average is the selection on tap.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Went there on the recommendation of our hotel staff since we were in the mood for beer. Warned us we might have to wait for a table. Place was packed, but we ordered at the bar and ate right there. 3 sausage plate was outstanding, as was the beer. Locals were friendly and gave us great tourist advice. Root liquor is a must try!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Of all the great restaurants in Philadelphia, Eulogy is one of the two that Pam and I never miss. It's number one with us for three reasons: I appreciate the phenomenal beer list, Pam thinks the Belgian mussels are the best anywhere, and we both love the fries. Eulogy is the only tavern I know with over 300 beers, most of them Belgian, and the selection is extraordinary. If you haven't tried Trappistes Rochefort 10, you have not yet enjoyed the best beer in the world. (Not my opinion alone! It scored 100 on three different international lists.

I am grateful to Dave the bartender, Bruce the friendly customer to my left at the bar for their welcoming hospitality and savvy beer advice, and to the chef, whoever he or she is, because you're cooking ensures that Pam lets me come back every trip to Philly! Good on y'all!

2  Thank Ron A