“Lobster rolls are out of this world...”

Luke's Lobster Philadelphia
Ranked #37 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Place is a little hard to find, as it's "downstairs" in the middle of a nondescript block on 17th right by the Sofitel hotel.

I wasn't really that hungry, so I just grabbed a single lobster roll and a blueberry soda.and sat at one of the little bars along the wall. Now, this IS downtown Philly, but I did feel it was a bit pricey. 1 lobster roll and a drink came to $18, plus tip. That said, the lobster roll did not skimp on lobster at all - one was plenty for me for dinner. Overall I would say the value is good, but it's not cheap.

It was just before dinner rush, so there were only a couple of other people in the joint.

I'm glad I missed the rush, because that meant there were only a few people around to hear my gleeful whimpers and sobs of joy as I enjoyed every delicious bite. Also, I'm not sure how much cocaine they put in that blueberry soda (I don't even drink soda - I just ordered it because other reviewers like it), but it has to be enough to make even Rob Ford happy.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I was talking to them like Guy Fieri and using phrases like, "bangin'" and "out of bounds."

As I left, I texted a friend and said, "This **** should be illegal it's so good!"

Thank God I'm in town for a few days. I'm going back with an appetite to take down the Noah's Ark.

If you're in Philly, DO NOT miss this place!!!

1  Thank HoosierTraveler19

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have become obsessed with Luke's Lobster. I have to make the trip at least once each month. I love the Tour of Maine and the blueberry pop.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Get the noah's ark... 1/2 lobster crab roll, 1/2 lobster roll, 1/2 shrimp roll all very fresh and super delicious. I was blown away in all honesty.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had to stop by here gauging from my fellow tripadvisor reviews and I wasn't disappointed. In an unassuming small downstairs location, it would be easy to miss except the A frame chalkboard outside. I got the taste of Maine which had a 1/2 shrimp roll, 1/2 lobster roll and 1/2 crab roll with chips and a drink for $20. The rolls are simply prepared, little mayo, some lemon butter and a dash of their spices. The seafood really stands out and the flavoring agents just bring it all together. All the rolls were excellent, I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite. I will be back in the area next month and I will be making another visit, but I will try the soups along with the rolls.Travelers have got to try this place, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We found Luke's when searching for a restaurant close to our hotel for lunch. It was raining very hard and we did not want to go very far. We had the Noah's Ark which included a lobster roll, crab roll and shrimp roll. Everything was so fresh. My husband and I both like the crab roll the best. It had more flavor than the two other rolls although those were very good as well. The people that worked behind the counter were very helpful and courteous. This is a great place for lunch if you are in the area. It is a little expensive for lunch but we really enjoyed it.