“Way better than the last time I was here...”

Jet Rock Bar & Grille
Ranked #2,595 of 4,390 Restaurants in Philadelphia
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Way better than the last time I was here...”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Don't know what they did but the food was much improved! My server was a trainee but she did a great job. My food came out quickly and was quite delicious and a really nice value, just $15 including tip for my meal, a turkey sand on ciabatta with a salad. I was very pleased with the experience because the last time I was here the place was a train wreck.

• Visited May 2014

Quebec City, Canada
“Ate here in April 2011”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

After software training in NJ, I looked around for a pub-type restaurant neat my gate. Went into Jet Rock, and was greeted warmly. Ordered a beer and large glass of water, both of which came to my table within 2-3 minutes, cold and fresh.
Ordered a Cheeseburger and fries, and they came out in 10-12 minutes. Even though the beef was most likely ordered in pre-made patties, everything was flavorful and hot - nothing tasted poorly.
My waitress was very pleasant, and even though I had ample time to wait for my flight, I read a newspaper at leisure and chatted with a couple at the table behind me. No one tried to rush me, even though the place was pretty busy.
I'm sorry if some have had negative experiences here - maybe the CEO should do an "Undercover Boss" episode so they can address and correct several of the problems mentioned by fellow travelers.
I would go back again, but now with a bit of a critical eye. Your business is only as good as your employees and good morale and proper training, plus fresh product.

• Visited April 2014
Cary, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I arrived in between flights; they were less than half full. I sat in one of the few tables which had a power outlet. The waitress told me I had to move because a bigger party might come in. I moved 2 minutes down the hall the next restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Airport Jet Rock Bar & Grill - Don't bother”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

What a disaster! We had very little time to make our connecting flight so we went to the place closest to the gate hoping that we could get in and out quickly.

We ordered the Philly Cheese Steak, hoping for the best and asking the waitress if we could be out in 15-20 minutes. She said that wouldn't be a problem. We did ask for onion rings in place of French fries, again, no problem but with an up charge of $2.50. A bit steep considering that the Cheese Steak was $11.00!!! But, time was short so we went for it.

The good news.... The Cheese Steak came out quickly.

The bad news.... Where do I start?
1) It was the skimpiest steak sandwich we had ever seen - no hyperbole in use! Maybe a 1/8 lb. of meat and a dollop of cheese-like yellow stuff on top. I wouldn't insult Cheez Wiz saying that's what it was, but maybe it was.

2) Remember the $2.50 up charge for the onion rings? Well, we got semi-warm French fries. By the time we tracked down our server it was way too late to get the rings!

Complained briefly to the manager while running out to catch our plane. She did give us two bottles of water to try to make it right. Appreciated that, but it wasn't enough.

Don't go here or at least don't order the Philly Cheese Steak! I should've known better!

Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
“Find another place to eat”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a terrible meal and worse service. The Philly cheese steak sandwich was awful. It's Philadelphia; we expected better. The Tilapia was also awful. My fault for having ordered fish at an airport restaurant. The waitress was rude. It took a very long time for our food to arrive, and then my meal didn't have the FF it was supposed to come with. After quickly bringing the FF, served with heavy attitude, the waitress then ignored us completely. We had no service whatsoever during and after the time our meal was served. We needed salt/pepper, water, etc. Tough luck. We finally borrowed salt from a neighboring table. After waiting for an inordinate amount of time without a sighting of her, I went to go find her to ask if we could pay so that we wouldn't miss our flight. She was clearly irritated with me for bothering her and snapped at me to go sit down, that she would be right with me, which she wasn't. Really unpleasant experience all the way around.

• Visited February 2014