“Great Breakfast!”

Jet Rock Bar & Grille
Ranked #2,560 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast and was delighted that I did. Airport restaurants are always suspect.... Jet Rock's omelette was tasty, fresh and generous. Highly recommend.

Saugerties, New York
“When in the Philly Airport...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Amazing selection of beer and great staff. Food very fresh and one of the best cheese steaks in Philadelphia.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Presentation pretty poor; food's a little better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Like probably most, I stopped in to Jet Rock while on a layover in Philly. I was in the mood for a real meal, and this was a convenient location. Doesn't have the greatest reviews, but I thought I'd give them a try. Reviews are sometimes wrong, right? Wrong...they're right.

I decided to sit at a table near the bar instead of at the bar itself. It's football season, so I was still interested in taking a glance or two at the TVs from time to time. Hah. good luck with that one. You better have better than perfect 10/20 vision. They have a lot of TVs, but they sure are small. They seemed to be something in the order of 15". And what was up with the signal? The pictures on many screens were fuzzy, as if someone needed to go up and fix the bunny ears. So, not a lot of football watching for me. Eh. Whatevs. I was there for food; not football.

Service, however, is part and parcel to food. It's how I get my food, how it's presented, and what affects my mood for when said food arrives. I wasn't a fan. For starters, my waitress was grumpy. I don't know why, but I don't care why. Fake happiness for my sake please. She was also slow. Well, to be completely fair, the "service" was slow. The dining area is pretty large, with plenty of seating. My waitress may have been the only server working at the time. There 'might' have been two, but I couldn't say for sure. Either way, things were slow. Definitely don't come here if you're in a hurry, or even have doubts about whether you can squeeze in a meal before your connection. Here...there will be no "squeezing in".

That's service; how about presentation? A little on the ridiculous side if you ask me. And since it's my review, you're technically asking. My food came out on a plastic plate and served with plastic utensils! Really? Really. This isn't a potluck or a picnic. I went to a real restaurant for a grown-up meal. Poor form.

Last, but not least, there's the food. I had a cheese steak (I know, I know. Cliche for Philly, and shouldn't get one at the airport of all places). It wasn't bad at all. Nothing super special or to write home about, but it was a pleasant meal. I liked it. It might actually have even been pretty good! Who knows for sure? May have appreciated it more had I not already been in a sour mood by the time it showed up. Neither here nor there, though. I'm not going back.

• Visited September 2012
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
“Lousy Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stopped here for lunch during a layover on a business trip. The waitstaff seemed to forget about me and I had to get their attention after waiting about 10 minutes just to order.

I got an iced tea (horrible) and a turkey burger. The burger was clearly not made on-site and tasted slightly below average. I covered it in Tabasco and that improved the taste.

There are better places to eat in the airport. Skip this place.

• Visited October 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fine place to eat, and fast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had a buffalo chicken sandwich, and it arrived quickly, as did my tap beer. Waitress was conscious of travelers' need to get in and out. My sandwich was very good, but it was the service was what was notable for me. The restaurant is very crowded, tables close-together. I expected to feel claustrophic in that setting but it was fine. TV's everywhere, which is nice for a traveler who tends to sit by himself in the airport!

• Visited September 2012