“Gr8 Grindcore”
Review of Grindcore House

Grindcore House
Ranked #1,037 of 4,429 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Grindcore is a gr8 coffee-house & vegan cafe, whether you're vegan or not. The coffee is wonderful, & there's a number of them to choose from (latte, espresso, cappuccino, macchiato etc), as well as a large selection of teas from all over the world. They offer different syrups (mint, amaretto, vanilla, cherry, ginger etc) to flavor the coffee & tea ... I think the syrups are sweetened with Agave nectar. We loved the food at Grindcore House too ... among our favorites were the seitan sandwich & treehugger salad. Also excellent was the tofu-based vegan "cream cheese", especially the ones flavored with sundried tomatoes, olives, scallions, or jalapenos (we came here everyday when we were in Philly & tried a different one each day). The place has a laid-back, bohemian vibe, & my only complaint is that it seems like the sort of place that should stay open 24/7 or at least thru midnight instead of closing at 8pm.

There are newer reviews for Grindcore House

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a great vegan spot! A little street corner cafe--100% vegan!! Tons of coffee selections and specials! They have a cold case with a large choice of vegan desserts! When i went, i walked in, a decent amount of people sitting about enjoying coffee and bagels for their morning. The cashier was very friendly. I placed my order for a bagel with vegan cream cheese--$2 not bad! They have sitting in the back of the house--some seats and a large book shelf. The lady brought it up to me--i had a nice amount of cream cheese on my bagel! Generous spread! The vegan cream cheese was out of this world!

This is a hip little vegan cafe. Worth a visit. They have a yummy list to choose from!