Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I were in Philadelphia for a convention in mid-July. We were extremely happy with the location of this hotel. It was within a block of the convention center and right across the street was the Reading Market. Amenities included salt water pool, fridge in room, microwave, free breakfast. We were able to do laundry , swim, eat , and attend our meetings all within a single block. Great eats at Reading Terminal. Room was very basic and very efficient.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night. The room is a bit larger than a regular room in other hotels, but it's not a suite. Very modern design hotel. The breakfast is included, has a lot of choices, but the breakfast area is small and very crowed. Absolutely amazing service! The best service I've seen. Very quick check in and check out. Great location.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel with a very courteous staff. We had 2 kids and one pre-teen who loved the pool even though it was small and loved the FREE WiFi. Very nice work out area that I didn't get to try but was very impressed. This hotel is right accross from Reading Terminal which had an abundance of food to try and right down the street from Hard Rick Cafe. I had a little bit of a hard time sleeping as I could never get comfortable on the mattress but it was okay.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We just returned from our stay at the Home 2 Suites in Philadelphia. The concept is very much that of a Homewood Suites, just with a more modern approach. The room lay out does seem a bit odd at first, but then you realize just how much space you have. We were in the one bedroom queen suite and it was more than spacious. The location of the hotel is a bonus as well. With the Reading Terminal Market directly across the street you are steps away from a great experience. The hotel has a lovely courtyard out front so you can bring your meal back and dine outside, or simple watch the people. Also, because of the Market there are several tour bus companies who stop right at your door step if you chose to use that service. The parking garage is next door and was well lit, very clean and felt very safe. The hotel mentions a $40.00 overnight fee, we chose to go it on our own and only paid $35.00 directly to the garage. The breakfast area is disappointment. The layout was very poor planning on Hilton's part,there are 4 microwaves in the middle of the buffet, which causes a back up in the flow as well as a fair bit of confusion as to how you are to proceed through the crowd. The microwaves to heat your drinks are below knee level and very awkward and uncomfortable to use while everyone is trying to walk around you. Hilton would be much better served if they just offered food that was hot and ready to go,the line would flow with ease. The food was disappointing as well, heating up eggs in a brown paper bag does not hold much appeal. I would not let the breakfast deter you from staying here as the hotel offers so much, the best being the location and ease of walking to most locations of interest or easy access to public transportation. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Philly.

1  Thank pm1045
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a great few day stay here in June. 1st time to Philly and loved the location. Rooms were exactly as described online. Tons of space and a great bed. The concept of Home2Suites really works well and being a new property, we had no issues with any of the services. The only hitch we encountered was we had pre paid for our trip but got charged again which the hotel was very good to rectify.

The location right across the street from the market was a huge plus. If you are a foodie - you'll have a blast.

And if you are looking for a great restaurant in Philly - you have to go to Zahav. It was the best meal/experience we've had in a long while. Truly a memorable meal.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank takemefaraway
Reviewed August 15, 2014

... this would be the place. Seriously, I love this place. I wish I could have stayed more than just the one night. Right across the street from the Convention Center and Reading Terminal Market, it's really right where you'd want to be.

My room was really quite nice. Queen bed (or maybe it was a king) with a sofa. Full kitchen with keurig and complimentary K-cups. The decor was mod and made me think of the displays at an IKEA. That's why I made that comment.

I found the front desk personnel to be courteous and helpful. The only thing I did not care for was housekeeping's professionalism. At 857 on the morning of my checkout, someone from housekeeping knocked on my door. I was still in bed. Checkout isn't until noon. I am sure a lot of guests leave early, but I'd appreciate it if I could actually finish my beauty rest. At 1012am, someone knocked on the door again. This time I yelled, "GO AWAY!" I called down to the front desk to request a late checkout and there were no more knocks on my door.

I do not know if they have some kind of electronic system showing which rooms have been vacated. I know it's important to clean the rooms quickly so they can be turned over, but really, 857AM?

Also, a housekeeper on the 5th floor was talking on her cell phone in the hallway quite loudly. I could hear most of her conversation. I know it was a housekeeper because after someone knocked on my door at 1012AM, I decided to just give up trying to sleep in (I almost never get to sleep in) and decided to go across the street to Reading Terminal Market for a butter bar. The whole time I was getting dressed, she was on the phone and when I came back from the market about 20 minutes later, she was still on the phone. I don't care about her talking on the phone while working (people can multi-task), but I do care that she was making a lot of noise.

Despite this, it wasn't enough for me to knock my rating down a point. This was an isolated incident that would not at all affect my decision to stay here again--which I most certainly would!

Oh yes, quite crowded in the breakfast area but it's not a big deal. Most people just want coffee anyway and there's a sideboard for that, if you don't want to use the Keurig in your room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank WorfsBabyMama
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Staying here on day 4 of a 5 night trip. Day 1 hotel had no milk at breakfast and ran out of fruit as I arrived. Chaotic breakfast facilities with no manager to be seen. Reception could not care and when I asked for a manager ignored me. Day 2 there were no sandwiches available and literally thirty people waiting for 4 microwave ovens.

Could not spend 15 minutes heating up an egg sandwich that mcdonalds would be ashamed to serve. Went to get coffee but only decaf was available and guess what they ran out of milk.

Last two days I skipped breakfast and bought fruit juice the night before from the 7 eleven around the corner.

I paid extra for a one bedroom suite which is large but is oddly arranged and soulless. There are only two pillows for the king size bed. Asked the cleaning lady if I could get another but nothing was left.

Looks like it will be dated and broken quickly. There is only one light in the front room so you cannot read when sitting on the sofa and instead are stuck sitting at the desk.

Bathroom is very basic to Hampton inn or below standard. No soap just the liquid soap containers you get at the gym.

The concept is a complete ripoff of the newer comfort inns but hilton cut corners and instead have bright colors but no finishing touches that complete the room. Would not stay at this chain again

The marriott, leowes and holiday garden inn are all within 2 blocks. My staff got rooms in these and loved them. Spotless, great service and no more expensive.

View from the one bedroom suites overlook a carpark so your better off not booking these

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business