“Great Hotel - Great Location”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel was all we could have asked for. It was within walking distance of many landmarks and the Big Bus Tours had a stop right outside the doors. Directly across the street is Reading Terminal Market with a large variety of food choices. The room was large and had a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher available. This was great for our family of 5. We were able to purchase sandwich makings and take picnic lunches with us and allowed us to store and reheat our leftovers from our dinners out. The breakfast area was busy and the lines were long for the waffle makers. Besides waffles you could choose cereal, prepackaged breakfast sandwiches & eggs, yogurt, and fruit. The workout area was large and the equipment had built in TVs. I didn't have headphones with me and didn't find any for guests to use. The pool is very small, but well maintained. My children enjoyed it. The only negative was the $40 daily fee to park in the public ramp next door.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Chris C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The SEPTA train from the airport is right across the street (Market East stop). Reading Terminal Market across the street as well. About 6-7 blocks from Independence Hall/Liberty Bell.
Service was great...everyone was very nice and helpful.
Breakfast was more than adequate. The first day we were too full to enjoy delicious items at Reading Terminal Market so the next day we planned accordingly. (-:
We didn't have our kids with us but this hotel would be great for families because of the kitchenettes!!!!
We would stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jeaneane M
Reviewed July 7, 2014

A clean, quite hotel in a great location. The rooms are well furnished, with a lot of storage and shelf space. It is located within walking distance to Independence Hall, the Franklin Institute and China Town. (8 to 10 blocks) Great restaurants across street. The free breakfast buffet has many selections. The multi-grain waffles are well worth the wait. The only issue I had was the cold pool water.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed July 6, 2014

the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and clean. My 9 year old said that he always wants to stay in a home2suite. He called it his fancy hotel. The pool and laundry room were clean and very convenient to be close together. The breakfast was good and a big variety. There is not a single negative thing to say. The location was why I picked this place. It was easy walking distance to the historic district. It is across from the Reading Terminal Market which had a lot of great food options. Would stay here again in an instant.

1  Thank batgirl5
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The morning desk crew was beyond kind to myself and my sister very funny too
But the noon night staff made us extremely uncomfortable- like to the point we wanted to leave early
My friend came to visit and you would have swore my friend was a criminal how they stopped him and barked demands for his Id why was he visiting me then after that The guard "greg" stayed by my room til my friend left smh my comfort level really died

Other than that the rooms was lovely the gym was nice and the pool was comfy
The free breakfast and free wifi was clutch ♡♡♡

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank AKaison
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Directly across from the Reading Terminal Market there are lots of great food options. A few blocks away from Chinatown this hotel is in the middle of everything we planned to do on our stay in Philly! It is also within a reasonable (10-15 minutes) walking distance of the historic district (liberty bell, independence hall, Betsy Ross house). There is a parking garage right next door and by paying through the hotel we were able to go in out as much as we needed to our entire stay here. It is pretty quite in the rooms, I heard a few sirens during the day but none at night and we were only on the third floor looking straight down onto 12th street.

Room Tip: Pull out couch was very comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Booked this hotel since we knew it was brand new and never stayed at a Home2 Suites before.

While the hotel is new and nicely decorated, there were some issues:

Upon check in, it took some time for one of the 2 free available people behind the desk to even acknowledge me. During check in, the clerk answered the phone and attended to the person on the other end, rather then either putting them on hold or having one of the other available people tend to that call.

When we got to our room, for such a new hotel there were some deficiencies:
- The glass in front of the light was cracked
- The soap dish in the washroom was peeling
- I could not turn on the TV with the remote, and had to manually turn it on. When I did that, the remote still was not working until I took out the batteries...not sure what was wrong.

The bed was not well made. There was neither a mattress pad or a fitted sheet, which meant that as we moved throughout the night we ended up sleeping directly on the mattress itself....that's GROSS! I stay on average 100 nights in a hotel a year, and have never seen that! When this was brought to the attention of the desk clerk at checkout, we were told that was "normal"....WHAT???

Breakfast was not that well thought out for a busy hotel
- Everything is crammed into a small counter, which is not big enough
- The waffle maker is too close to the toaster, causing issues to use the toaster as the waffle maker takes 3 minutes and people stand there waiting.
- The milk and condiments are under the oatmeal, which means as you are trying to get the oatmeal, people are trying to get their milk and such, not a good thought.

For breakfast, it's just mediocre......
- The bananas were very green and essentially un-eatable
- There was not really any choice for fruit beyond bananas
- The microwaveable breakfasts just look gross...I would never eat one of those. Having a setup more like the Hampton inn style breakfast would be better.

Overall, I will not stay at this hotel again, nor likely another Home2 Suites.
I am a Hilton Gold member, and this hotel while on the outside looks nice, is certainly not up to Hilton standards...overall very disappointed, and will not stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...stay at Hilton Garden INN 1 street over instead!
5  Thank hawkenj