“Great hotel....perfect location!”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I would enthusiastically recommend Home2 Stay as the go-to accommodation for friends, family or coworkers visiting or working in Center City. The location is fantastic as it is right across from Reading Terminal, and there are plenty of other places nearby as well, from five star restaurants all the way to a 7-11 and a Subway just blocks away. The rooms are safe, spacious, clean and well appointed. The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom had plenty of nice big fluffy towels! The breakfast was average, but free, so that made it pretty darn good. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Most importantly it was quiet and clean! I would recommend Home2 Stay for future needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ralph S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I recently graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law and my parents came all the way from Malaysia and stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. They totally loved the hotel and so did I, after sleeping over at their room (who wouldn't? it's free for me).

Anyways, here's my review:-

Front desk / reception
- the staff were nice and helpful and this is a good thing considering you really you don't get many nice people in Philadelphia
- the reception area is a bit too big and somewhat a waste of space for the hotel but I guess it's only understood because this is where the awesome breakfast is served every morning
- they have four computer workstations for patrons to use and they are free
- they even have free coffee, fruit juice, cereals and yoghurt - these just spell AWESOME!
- the bellboy was also nice enough to push the cart and waited for me to get my car to the hotel when it was time to send my parents off after checking out (yes we tipped him handsomely)

Room
- I didnt know what room my parents got themselves called but it had two double beds with one sofa bed.
- the LG flat screen TV was full HD and the channels available were of great quality and with a lot of variety available
- the microwave oven was nice for people like us who never really liked the food in Philadelphia and ate mostly halal food bought at the Reading Terminal (Nanee's Kitchen).
- the dishwasher included also worked wonderfully and the hotel even offered free portable cooker available upon request
- the toilet was spacious although the shower stall was a bit cramped and the water from the showerhead may splash onto the floor of the toilet itself which did not have any drain
- the towels were plush but absorbent quality is low
- i loved the fact that the air-conditioner worked really well and it was freezing inside the room (let's face it, we are Asians and we hate the Philadelphia weather except in fall and the daunting winter which I loved so much)
- the lights in the room were well placed and gave it quite an exclusive feel

Other amenities
- i didnt use the other amenities at the hotel other than the fitness room
- it was spacious and was separated with the small swimming pool on the other side
- it had modern cardio machines with connection to cable TV and I found this to be really good
- the free weights were a nice touch and the icarian twin cable stand were a good combination for a good workout - especially for a bodybuilder like me on vacation
- due to no crowd, it was comfortable to exercise even with my clothes off
- the fitness room offered free new earphones, towels and water. the nearby toilet was also really spacious although the heavy door seems funny for people just finished their workout
- they also included the washing machine there. perhaps the hotel assumed that people would indulge in a quick workout while waiting for their clothes to clean and dry?

all in all a great hotel. if i ever drop by Philadelphia again (i doubt it), I may just consider this hotel for a quick stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Muzzil
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Here's a great hotel in a busy and interesting area of downtown Philadelphia! We loved it. The place is still rather new, and the whole environment is fresh and interesting. The hotel room is large and the beds were comfortable. Nice large TV. There's a free breakfast in the morning, which is really busy and I recommend not waiting till the last few minutes. But they have a lot of very nice people working at this property. People remembered our name at the front desk -- they were caring, and concerned, and just really helpful. The housekeeping staff did a good job as well. I would stay here again without hesitation, because it was one of the best-designed rooms we've been in for a long time. They also have great tasting Starbucks quality coffee in the lobby at all times, free. When we left here, we went to Baltimore and stayed in a dumpy Wyndham, with a terrible staff -- so, in retrospect I'd have to say that this is the best hotel we've been in so far this year. I just don't like the name "Home 2 Suites" -- other than that, the place rocks. Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lindaj99
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were generally pleased with our 4 night stay at Home 2. Quiet, comfortable rooms, air conditioning worked well and quietly, bathrooms very clean. Keep in mind this is a very new property, and only time will feel if it wears well or not.

Some might be put off by the fact housekeeping is minimal, by design, not neglect. If you need more service you simply ask for it. This was not a problem for us.
Unexpectedly, I needed a notary public on a Saturday afternoon. The front desk went to work and came up with one for me. It was a life saver.
Breakfast was what we have come to expect at hotels these days, that is to say don't expect much. It was adequate. However the hotel has greatly underestimated the demand for breakfast when the hotel is full, and the breakfast room and the staff were definitely overwhelmed by the rush. They need more tables, and more help putting the food out and cleaning up.

Home 2 is a lower cost Hilton hotel, and you can see where corners were cut. But the bottom line is that it was a clean, comfortable, good nights rest.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Diegodreamer
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We were in Philadelphia while my son attended an event at the convention center. I tried to find a hotel close enough that he would be able to walk back late at night with no problem - boy did I make a great choice. The hotel is directly across the street from Reading Terminal Market and 1 block from the convention center. I don't know what I can add that other posters haven't said already but we loved this hotel. It was clean, convenient, modern, well laid out, roomy, comfortable, and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Only tiny complaint was that we were able to hear a group of small children running down the hall laughing early in the morning; if that's as bad as it gets, I'm fine with that.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else on future trips to Philadelphia. I would highly recommend this property to family, friends, etc.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Wonderful property, immaculate in every aspect. Great breakfast offered to all guests as part of reservation. Staff very accommodating. Spacious room with new kitchenetts for long term stays. Will continue to stay each time required to go to Philadelphia, PA.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed with wife and two tweenagers while seeing the sites. Good central location, lots of restaurants around and easy walking into the center. Handy parking near by but the breakfast rush can be heavy and it ends a bit early for holiday makers

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family