“Great central location”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed with wife and two tweenagers while seeing the sites. Good central location, lots of restaurants around and easy walking into the center. Handy parking near by but the breakfast rush can be heavy and it ends a bit early for holiday makers

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm a hotel freak. Meaning I investigate the crap out of hotels before booking a stay - I devour reviews and pictures and study everything (I even use Google street view to check out the area). So I booked this hotel back in September 2013 for a January 2014 stay with only knowing it was a pretty much new hotel and that was it. I'[d never been to Philly and was going to convention and this seemed close so I took a chance.

BEST. DECISION. EVER.

I arrived with my 3 friends and we were promptly checked in and shown our gorgeous and *clean* room before the official check in time. My friends were extremely impressed because not only was our rate very reasonable, but the space was amazing.

The proximity to the convention center was a Godsend. It was close enough that I could walk from the hotel to the CC without a coat in the middle of winter. And yes, it snowed while we were there.

The Reading Terminal Market was right across the street so there was no trekking to find food after a long day.

The staff was one of the friendliest, most accommodating staffs I have ever encountered. From the front desk to the bell man who helped load 2 cart fulls of bags from our room into our car, these people were kind, genuine and exactly the type of employees every hotel should strive to have.

The only reason this review is so late in the making is I honestly thought I had written it as soon as I came home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah M
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but thought we'd give Home2 Suites a try during this trip to Philly. What a pleasant surprise! Nice clean, spacious modern rooms. The staff was helpful and polite.

King sized bed, pull out sofa,television, large microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, garbage disposal. Nice bathroom with good water pressure in the shower. Neutragena shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the shower. Only drawback is that it can be tricky to get the pocket door to close if it is pushed all the way into the wall. Not a biggie but worth mentioning.

Breakfast was included with many cereal options, fruit, oatmeal, make your own waffles, juices, coffee, tea, hot cocoa.

It is directly across the street from Reading Terminal Market which is convenient if you are staying for a few days.

Our room overlooked Reading Terminal Market and there was a group of kids out having fun at midnight so we did hear them, but otherwise, the city traffic wasn't that loud.

We did have a little bit of a problem finding it, some how we went all around it, but missed the little bit of the block that it was on. It is across from Reading Terminal Market, between Pannera Bread and Maggianos.

Will definitely stay here again!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I am a Hilton Diamond Member and a Marriott Gold Member and, in my opinion, this is a wonderful property with great service. I will definitely stay there again - just do not try to find it with a GPS as its address does not reflect its actual location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during my daughter's wedding. Hotel was very clean, security was outstanding and the staff was excellent. We really liked the amenities, i.e., microwave, frig, dish washer, dishes, etc. Plus, you just walked across the street to the Reading Market.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

What a great format! Reception has a great living room atmosphere with vending machines and computers for use by the guests. Breakfast was complimentary and very good. Room was awesome! Queen Bed with great linens and pillows. The desk on wheels that I can roll to the couch or to the bed is great. Kitchen included a microwave and full apartment size refrigerator and a dishwasher. Bathroom has a big shower and a comfortable toilet as well.
My room had a huge flat screen LG tv for a hotel room. It also had a iron and ironing board and lots of storage for clothing.
I would definitely stay at any Home2 Suites.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel was selected for the family members of the bride and groom to stay at, so there were several rooms booked for us. The location is minutes (walking) from so many things. The property is of great quality and well cared for. This may seem small, but even the hallway carpets were extremely clean - "very few" hallways in hotels would I feel comfortable to walk on barefoot. This hotel is one of the few. I had the opportunity to be in several of the rooms hanging out with other family members, and the quality, cleanliness, and amenities of each was the same. The rooms were extremely clean and truly a good home away from home. the rooms have an apartment size refrigerator, full size microwave, sink, china, eating utensils, keurig coffee maker. The bathrooms are also a nice size - this is just a great mid-price choice