Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here overnight and this place is decent. Easy check-in. I found a decent rate online. Parking (self and valet) are very expensive here- about $38/day. There are no other options near here. Nice, spacious room with kitchenette. This place is brand new so it looks nice and is very clean. The bathroom is a bit small and stark though. I didn't like the decor in the bathroom. The bed was very uncomfortable and as if that wasnt bad enough, the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night FOR A FULL 40 MINUTES!!!! Around 3AM! It went off again about 15 minutes later and again around 8am. Terrible! I checked out in the morning and not a peep was mentioned about it, no apology, comped anything. I was in a rush to get to my business meetings that morning so I didn't have the time to ask for anything. Really I shouldn't have had to though. As a result, I would not stay here again and do not recommend. I could have gotten better sleep out side in my car!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank lucksgirl
Josh D, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

lucksgirl,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia and for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the spacious suites and amenities here at the Home2 and apologize for any inconveniences in regards to the fire alarm. As a precaution we do ask our guests to exit in the event of a fire alarm for safety until the fire department has cleared the building. I would ask that you give Home2 another chance on your next Philadelphia trip but can understand your preference moving forward.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance,

Josh

Reviewed April 25, 2014

No issues whatsoever with the hotel. Clean, fresh, friendly, extremely convenient, wonderful stay! Highly recommended. Breakfast could have had more options but then again, you are right across the street from the Reading Terminal Market and more breakfast options then you could shake a stick at. The door on the bathroom should be a real door, not a pocket door - if you have a toddler with you, you would understand.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Josh D, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Derek,

Thank you for taking time to provide such great feedback on your recent stay and for choosing Home2 Suites by Hilton as your Home Away from Home while on the road. We have celebrated your comments with the team as we strive to great experiences for each and every guest.

Safe travels,

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our first stay in a Home2 Suites and I wasn't sure how it will turn up to be. But, except for the view from our window, everything about the stay was good. Its location is right opposite the Reading Terminal Market, a couple of blocks from Chinatown and down the street from Independence Hall. The property appeared new and modern. The breakfast was average, but I just wanted my oatmeal and yogurt and the kids just want to make their waffles, and so it is fine. Lots of volleyball teams coming in and out of the lobby, but I would presume that on other days it will be rather quiet.

1  Thank MJ00000

MJ,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your stay and for your business at our Home2 Suites. It's important for us to hear your experience as our goal is to not only meet but exceed the needs of each and every guest. I apologize that you didn't have a great view from your room; we do have rooms with views of both the Reading Terminal and Arch Street and would be happy to accommodate on your next trip in.

Please visit again on your next trip to Philadelphia,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in April. Parking is next door in a public city parking structure which is pricey; the hotel has no parking. Check in was easy, Internet was reliable, the four public computers in the lobby was easy to use and hotel allows printing for free.

The hotel is located over a Panera Bread and a BurgerFi with an Italian restaurant on the other end of the block. Lots of stores incl CVS and 7-11 are within easy walking distance. You can see the convention center and Reading Term market just outside your window, both are just a 20 second walk from front door of hotel. Chinatown is a 2 minute walk from hotel.

The rooms have a small kitchen with serve ware for 6ppl (see photo) which makes life easier than the settings for 4 ppl that other hotel suites typically provide. The personal Keurig coffee maker and Kcups provided are a nice touch (see photo). The modern design is tasteful, with careful attention to detail. Kudos to the designer who planned this.

The indoor pool is tiny and goes from 3ft at the shallow end to just under 5ft at the deep end. The workout room is next to the pool, separated by a glass wall. If you have older kids who are good swimmers, you can actually workout next door while the kids play in the pool because you can supervise through the glass wall.

Breakfast is just okay. The items include bagels and toast, the usual hotel waffle maker, pre.wrapped breakfast sandwiches that you have to heat in the microwave, yogurt, and 4 types of cereal from the dispensers. Coffee and juice. The layout of the breakfast items and counter needs revamping; there is no rhyme or reason to the layout. The silver ware is placed in a drawer and easy to miss. If more than a few people are there, it gets crowded and disorganized.

Tip: Don't go down to lobby without your magnetic card room key as you need it to use the elevator to get back up to your room.

If you have young kids who need to bathe in a tub, ask ahead of time. Our room had a walk in shower which is great for busy people, but not if you need to bathe an infant or toddler.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

TeacherEating,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to provide feedback on your recent stay and for staying with us while visiting Philadelphia. It's important to us that our guests are able to relax and unwind while at our Home2 and it seems like you enjoyed our central location and amenities our hotel offers.

Please visit us next time your travels bring you to Philadelphia,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My stay at this property was just ok. I had a bath towel with some unrecognizable crud on it and the breakfast was abysmal. There was not enough seating in the breakfast area. Was put in an accessible room, not sure why - I did not request one.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Jocesweet,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay and for choosing our Home2 Suites by Hilton while in Philadelphia. I would like to apologize of behalf of our entire team for any inconveniences with the terry in your suite and finding seating while at our Inspired Breakfast Table. It's our goal to exceed the expectation of each and every guest and want to assure you that we have discussed your comments with our team to prevent any future inconveniences.

Please visit us again while in Philadelphia and we will assist in making your stay memorable,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We traveled to Philadelphia with our daughter's volleyball team and were absolutely delighted with our experience at this Home2 Suites. Not having stayed at one of these properties before, we soon discovered a new favorite chain of hotel properties.
This property was very convenient to the Pennsylvania Convention Center (right across the street). Adjacent parking was expensive ($40.00/day with in/out privileges) but that's typical for Philly.
The front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and provided excellent recommendations for restaurants and things to do.
The lobby was bright, welcoming, and roomy, with lots of space for our team to gather. There were plenty of computers available for public use.
The rooms were simply awesome, especially for families and groups. Each has a fully-equipped kitchen, compete with plates, glassware, utensils, microwave dishwasher, sink, and even a real-size fridge. The workspace / desk area was huge, with a nice desk chair and task lighting. Our room had 2 queen-size beds and a pullout sofa that was actually comfortable! There was an incredible amount of dresser storage space and a curtained closet for hanging your clothes. There was also a curtain that separated the sleeping area from the kitchen / living room / workspace.
Tech-friendly? YES! There were more outlets than I could use, and they were actually accessible!
The bathroom was large, well-lit, and very functional. I prefer the sink area to be outside the toilet / shower area, but I soon got over that one minor issue.
Home2 Suites offers a complimentary "Inspired Breakfast" which was just OK. Juices, coffee, yogurt, oatmeal, breads, fruit, and waffles were aplenty, and I didn't care for the microwave breakfast sandwiches / wraps.
One negative: Only 2 of the 3 elevators were working during our stay, which made the wait almost annoying. But again, I got over that!
Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: If you can get a room that overlooks the street, that's best. Ours faced an interior alcove.

Mike,

Thank you for choosing our new Home2 Suites by Hilton while visiting Philadelphia and for providing such great feedback on our hotel and your experience. I will be sharing your comments with the entire team.

Please visit again the next time you visit Philadelphia!

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very welcoming & knowledgeable of attractions in and around the city. My room was pretty hot when we entered. Onced it was cooled off it was alright. Was surprised that wifi cost me almost $10 per device. Considering my room was over $200. I suppose it would be better if I was a gold card member.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Foxynish,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We hope you will make Home2 you "Home Away from Home" when visiting Philadelphia.