Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn Center City(Philadelphia)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,666 results
All reviewsthe reading terminal marketacross the streetconvention centergreat locationfull size refrigeratorbreakfast sandwichcomplimentary breakfastflower showyogurtparking garagesofa bedthe breakfast areawithin walking distancerooms are largeliberty bellfront desk staffcity hall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The location...perfect (directly across from the Reading Terminal and the PA Convention Center)! The staff...perfect! The rooms...perfect! The breakfast (included) had a nice variety of items and it really added to the convenience of our stay. Our stay at this hotel was so wonderful that my 13 year old daughter asked if we could go back for her birthday.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Jeordi6
Josh D, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Jeordi6,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia and for providing such great comments regarding our location and hotel. Your comments will be shared with the team and I hope that your daughter can get you to come back for her Bday!

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new so everything is still in great condition. Lobby is vast with quite a bit of seating area to relax. Staff when checking in was awesome. All smiles there! Overnight desk guy wasn't so pleasant but I won't let one member of the staff ruin my overall perception of the team.
Breakfast is served in the lobby until 10 AM daily. Basic offering of cold & hit cereals, bagels, breads, fresh fruit, and make your own waffles. Great juice selection along with coffee. Not bad for a quickie but the hotel is directly across the street from the Reading Market. If you really want to eat, I mean phenomenal food, head there for breakfast. The Amish diner is cheap and top notch. Plenty of other options in the market as well. It's great having access to this market as the prepared food vendors are some off the best in the world but they also have fresh meats, fish, and produce. Perfect for the hotel room!
Speaking of the hotel room, well there is a full size refrigerator with a freezer in every room. The kitchenette area includes a sink, dishwasher, microwave, and even a dishwasher. A sign indicates the hotel will provide an electric skillet upon request. Toaster is in a cabinet. Silverware, cups, and dishes are all there too so hitting the market and eating fresh, cheap food is an option.
Bathroom is adequate, nothing stellar but it's a bathroom. Decently sized with toiletries by Neutrogena. Brightly lit with plenty of towels.
Rest of the room was setup with a couch, ottoman, desk, king size bed, and a flat panel TV. Plenty of drawers and a closet. The room can be subdivided by a curtain on a track, kind of like a hospital room with shared beds. Super clean but remember only a few months old yet. Let's see how the furnishings handle the time passage and the hotels willingness to maintain the environment. Oh, by the way, bed was relatively comfy but the pillows are terrible.
Located right by the convention center and in a decent neighborhood, I highly recommend the hotel, at this time. Sure, that can change with wear and tear asking with possible staffing changes over time. But, based on my recent stay, I say you book here if your looking on this neighborhood. The Reading Market is a bonus so take advantage of the offerings.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Ryan M

Ryan,

Thanks for taking time to provide feedback on your stay and share what a great location we have here at Home2 Suites Philadelphia. It's great to hear that you had nothing but smiles from our associates at the hotel and that you were able to spread out in the spacious suites. I agree that nothing can match a breakfast or lunch at the Reading Terminal but wanted to let you know that Home2 Suites has just refreshed our Inspired Table breakfast offering to include artisian breakfast sandwiches and an egg bowl option. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel can easily be passed by as the front is very small, but the location was perfect for me for a recent convention. Check-in was friendly and easy. We got an interior room that had a window to a courtyard. Because of this, the room was warmer than usual --and in Jan. we actually had to turn on the air a couple of times as it never got cooler than 74 degrees without it. The room was well-appointed with modern IKEA-like furniture as someone else mentioned. It was a little strange to have curtains across the closet, but the large fridge, microwave, and kitchen supplies made up for it. The hotel has an enviro-friendly cleaning service --just light service and not any on the weekend (although our beds were made). There were drawers in the vanity in the bathroom, but they needed wiped out -makeup and hair. The front of the kitchen cupboards needed wiped as well, but overall, the room itself was good. The only reason I gave the hotel 4 stars instead of 5 was the breakfast. I have been to many hotels with continental breakfast, but this was probably one of the worst. I got there at 8:30 on a Sat. and nothing had been restocked: no more oatmeal (which I heard taste horrible anyway), none of the dishes were washed and restocked, and the quality of the other food (2 waffle makers, very few bagels and english muffins left), microwave egg muffins, was not appealing. It was okay, with the kitchen in my room and being across the street from Reading Terminal Market, I had other options.

Room Tip: Ask to not be put in an Interior Room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank AParentGetaway

AParentGetaway,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia and for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious accomodations with fully equipped kitchens with a modern flare. I apologize for any inconveniences and will be sharing your comments with our Engineering, Housekeeping and Food & Beverage team regarding your experience. As a new brand Home2 Suites has taken our guests feedback and have just refreshed our Inspired Table offering to include artisian breakfast sandwiches and an egg bowl option!

Please think of us on your next trip to Philadelphia,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We absolutely loved this hotel. The suites were very nice. We had a small kitchen with just about everything you could want. The fridge was small but certainly not dinky. There was a Keurig machine as well.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone seemed to want to go out of their way to help us.
The location was wonderful! We literally walked right out the door and crossed the street to the Reading Terminal Market. We loved going over and trying out different restaurants.
The conference center is just down the street. That was perfect for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ChicagoRushfan
Josh D, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

ChicagoRushfan,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia and for taking time to share your experience. It's important for us to know that you enjoyed how spacious our suites are and that you were conveniently located to your place of business. Home2 Suites by Hilton is a growing brand so I hope you can enjoy more in the months to come in other locations.

We look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia,

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was here for the Philly marathon in November. This is a new facility and it really offers great value. I did notice some areas of the bathroom that were missed by housekeeping but this was a minor issue. Great wifi (important for business people) The room has a microwave, refrigerator and kitchen. The bathroom is pretty small. The shower is really small and I think that was not the smartest design choice. All day you can get fresh coffee and tea downstairs. You do have a coffee maker in the room also. The morning breakfast also free is pretty good and goes beyond what you normally see at a free breakfast. Across the street from Reading Market, one of my favorite places in Philly for great food and various items. I will be here again. This is a business hotel but I really recommend this for everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank robertw4771

Good afternoon Robert,

Thank you for staying at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia and for taking time to mention what a great value our hotel is. It's important that we take you feedback to ensure each guest has a great experience. I have shared your housekeeping comments with our housekeeping team as an emphasis for future. Also, as a new brand it's important to hear your feedback regarding design choices in an effort to meet the needs of travelers.

We look forward to your return,