“Nice hotel, service a little slow” 4 of 5 bubbles

Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Nice hotel, service a little slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

The rooms are very nice, with fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, dishes. The bed was comfortable. The service was a bit slow - we called down because we forgot toothpaste and 30 minutes later we still didn't have it. I called down again to also ask for more pillows and the toothpaste. This time we got what we needed in about 15 minutes. The front desk was nice enough but didn't really seem to know a whole lot about the immediate area. Was a little disappointed in breakfast. Wish there were more hot options. Loved that there was always coffee available, morning and night. We would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Josh D, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Melody,

Thank you for you recent stay at our new Home2 Suites in Philadelphia and for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and fully equipped kitchen. Our goal is to service all guest requests quickly and apologize for any delays delivering your items; we have discussed with our team to prevent future delays. You will be happy to know that our Inspired Breakfast Table will soon offer a new artisan style breakfast sandwich and egg bowl! Please come see us again on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Langhorne, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Front desk stunk but the first time I stayed was great. The front desk gave really bad attitude and pushed you off. I felt when you called or when to them you were bothering them. I had to have my key rekeyed and he did not say a thing just gave it to me when I needed to stay later. I was told I could stay later and this should have been done automatically. Maid came into my room without knocking. The company should get rid of those who worked the front desk that day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank John B
John,

Thank you for your recent stay at our new Home2 Suites Philadelphia and for providing feedback on your experience. I do hope you enjoyed our room accomodations and want to apologize for the service you experienced. Service is what sets our hotel apart from the rest of the local competitive hotels and I would like to learn any additional specifics that you can provide. My email is Josh.Davalos@hilton.com. Thanks again and I look forward to your response.
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Home2 Suites in Philadelphia. Loved the layout of the lobby and thought the design of the hotel room was well thought out. Lots of cool extras - the iPad dock/speaker in the room was a nice touch. Breakfast worked out great - I liked that there were tons of add-ins for the oatmeal. The staff was friendly, engaging and helpful. The Wifi worked great. My only complaint was that the sliding bathroom door wouldn't stay shut, but I'm sure a minor adjustment would provide an easy fix. Rock on Home2 Philly!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ZW,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites and for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It's great to read how you enjoyed the layout of the hotel and the ipod alarm clock and charger that make it easy to live life while away from home and the many great options the oatmeal gave at breakfast. I would like to have our Chief Engineer take a look at the sliding door to the room you stayed in. Would you be able to send me the room number or name of the reservation and I can find. My email is Josh.Davalos@hilton.com.

Please keep us in mind for future Philadelphia visits.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I greatly enjoyed staying at the Home2 Suites because it had everything I wanted for comfort and productivity. The complimentary breakfast was much more than the usual continental one, and the free Wifi was high quality and worked on both my laptop and iphone. I used the free guest login rather than my Hilton Honors ID, and it worked fine. I paid the conference discounted price which was excellent, but the quality of the place would make me willing to use Home2 again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Ellis,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites and for taking time to provide such great feedback on your experience. Your comments on the hotel and how you were able to be comfortable and productive is what we strive to provide our guests each and every day and make it all worthwhile. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Please visit us again on your next Philadelphia visit.
Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We live in the suburbs and thought it would be fun to stay in the city for the weekend since we were going to the Eagles/Saints game.
Most of the hotels were booked by the time we made the decision however we were able to find this via Hilton Honors.
It's in a great location across the street from the Reading Terminal Market, which enabled us to experience an array and delicious food for breakfast & lunch.
The hotel itself was very clean, staff very friendly upon arrival and departure.
We had to park in adjacent parking garage but as long as you follow the driving directions you should be find it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites and for providing such great feedback on the hotel and staff experience. I'm glad that you now know where you can plan a getaway and not have to go far! The only downside to the weekend was the loss to the Saints but as Philadelphia fans always say; there's always next year. Keep building those Hilton Honors points and we'll see you back soon.
Yardley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel will make you feel right at home, and is right across the street from the Reading Market. The size of the room and the comfort of the bed made for a good night sleep. this is a great place for the business traveler who must stay a full week. We travel to Philly a lot, and will make sure this hotel is at the top of our places to stay. Very clean and at a great price!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Robbert,

Thank you for your recent stay and for providing such great feedback on the hotel. I'm glad you we're able to enjoy our spacious suites while being close to all Center City Philadelphia has to offer. Please visit us again!
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The name speaks of itself, a home from home indeed. The studio room is spacious with a king bed, a sofa, two desks and a mini pantry. The room is well decorated: the soft color scheme makes you feel cozy. The room comes with complimentary breakfast, and they even have a DIY waffle oven! Great location, minutes walk from anywhere in the center city.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SunriseW,

Thank you for staying with us at our new Home2 Suites in Philadelphia and for taking time to provide such great feedback on your recent visit. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our brand and were able to feel at home while away from home. We look forward to your next visit.