“Good happy hour”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

As a southerner I can admit that there chicken is great and so is there key lime pie. Otherwise, the food is simply decent, especially for the price paid. Too much use of vinegar and not enough smoke. Also, the house made BBQ sauce is not good. I would rather bring store bought sauce.

The ambiance is nice and for Philly, it's the best I have found. If it were in Atl or Nashville, it wouldn't crack the top 20.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Originally Fette Sau was absolutely fantastic. Last 2 times I've been there the items I get (brisket and pork ribs) have lost some flavor. I asked management and they said they stopped putting as much dry rub on because customers were complaining. It's a shame. It was the best BBQ around before they changed the recipe!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I came here at around 6:00pm on a Saturday. Upon walking in, the place smelled great and I was really excited to try their food. There were 6 people in line ahead of me and it took about 15 minutes to have my order taken. If the sluggish service was the only issue I think I still could have liked this place. But, I ordered a half pound of brisket, 2 beef ribs, and a side of baked beans. The bill came to $47...$47! Looking down at the tray I couldn't believe it was $47 worth of food. On top of that, the food was mediocre at best. It wasn't the worst meal I've had but it was far from the best and miles away from the price I paid. I left there feeling like I had wasted my money. The bottom line is this restaurant is in a city where there's little competition for good BBQ and it's trendy. If it was opened in another part of the country where BBQ is more common, this place would be laughed out of business. If you're hard up to overpay for mediocre BBQ in a dimly lit "hip" place then go for it. Otherwise, I'd recommend saving your money.

2  Thank vne147
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Really enjoy the tater tot special. It hits the spot. The BBQ is very moist and tender. The ribs are excellent as well. The cole slaw is more tangy than usual.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Philadelphia finally has some good barbecue. We sampled everything on the menu and came away very pleased. As a group we were especially surprised by the sausage which turned out to be one of the best dishes (we almost skipped it). The baked beans were as good as I've ever had. We arrived during happy hour and took advantage of great prices on drinks. The staff was very friendly and I look forward to another visit.