“Vaya rápidamente!”
Review of Loco Pez

Loco Pez
Ranked #417 of 4,466 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: We specialize in West Coast taco-truck food and fresh tequila cocktails. Our kitchen stays open until 1am for late night binges. To find out when we're doing one of our famous $1 Taco Days, follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a great neighborhood bar and restaurant. We went in the early evening for drinks and a snack on a Saturday. The place was just getting busy. By 6:30, the place was jumpin'...in a good way. The crowd is eclectic and looked to be mostly local. There were families, couples and groups of friends. I like that. The noise level was not intrusive. We had no problem carrying on conversations from one end of the table to the other.

The wait staff are knowledgeable, efficient and unobtrusive. We had not been before and it took us some time to decide what we wanted. Our server took the delay in stride.

The drinks...oh, the drinks! I had the Bloody Maria with habanero-infused tequila. It was zesty and flavorful. My friends had the same, but made with beer. It was also flavorful and they enjoyed the fact that it was lighter than my drink for that time of the evening. We would highly recommend both drinks.

We had been knocking around Fishtown all day and had noshed here and there, so we decided on small plates. We ordered a plate of the seitan nachos (nice to have a veg option). They were just right. Chips were not a salty, greasy mess and the toppings were plentiful, but not ridiculously overloaded. They were yummy, even to the carnivores at the table. 2 of us had the shark taco, a special that night. It was delicious and just the right size for a light bite. The flavor of the shark was highlighted...not drowned in the flavors of the toppings. The others had their regular tacos. They are small, 4", but we appreciated that we could order multiples and/or various fillings. They're great to have along with a beer or drink.

This is exactly the kind of place that I wish I had in my neighborhood...or even within 20 miles! Great food. Great drinks. Great, casual, welcoming atmosphere and great value.