“Pizza with a real Plus”

Mix Brickoven Pizza
Ranked #1,015 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been to Mix several times and each time I am surprised by this very good restaurant disguised as a neighborhood pizzeria. Mix has a very exnsive menu offering a variety of very tasty Pizza's in both a good for two 12 inch pizza and a huge18 inch pizza good for groups. They are flexible allowing half and half toppings. Their crust is thin, crispy, and with lots of garlic built into the edge. What is surprising is that you can also get an incredible salad served with real silverware and built with baby lettuce, red peppers, mozzarella cheese and a delicious balsamic vinegar and oil dressing. That is one of many great salads. Recently I had their meatball sandwich that was made with handmade fresh meatballs and a great marinara sauce. My wife enjoyed the baked tilapia served on a bed of rice and diced tomatoes.
A great addition to all this is their cocktail lounge and outside seating. From Spring to late Fall the place to be is outside. In cooler weather the inside has many TV's featuring all the sporting events.
Add to all this a real good happy hour (5 to 7) and you have a great place for an inexpensive but tasty meal.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Without hesitation, I can state that this was the worst pizza I have ever eaten. I ordered the 12" Frutti Del Mare. We placed our order and my friend's sandwich arrived, but not my pizza. The waitress said it was coming right out. Five minutes later, she said it would be just a second. Five more minutes another waitress said it would be just a couple minutes. Finally, 15 minutes after my friend got his sandwich, the waitress delivered a pizza that was at least 20" across. When I asked about the size, I was told it always depended on who was throwing the pizza. First bite - strange - it took so long to reach the table why was the pizza barely warm and the crust tough like it had been sitting out for a while? The explanation the waitress gave is that they make the pizza - cook it, then make the sauce in a pan and spread it on the pizza and viola - Frutti Del Mare (except it had no shrimp, no crabmeat and no capers, only calamari). Who ever heard of a pizza not cooked with the sauce?

The wait staff tried to be friendly, but honestly I would never go here for a meal, maybe a beer, but I suppose that might depend on how they serve it.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My son was attending a concert across the street. Mix Brickover Pizza was the perfect place to hang out while waiting for the concert to end. The employees made me feel welcome. The food was very good and reasonably priced.