““Banging” experience.....”

Angelino's Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #599 of 5,113 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Bring your family and friends for an unforgettable evening. Angelino's is a cozy, casual BYOB Italian neighborhood restaurant, but there's lots of room for groups of all sizes. You can even eat outdoors when the weather is good, and there's always free Wi-Fi™ available for our customers. You can due lunch or dinner in a relaxed atmosphere and even have a meeting if needed.
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

So we picked this ressy during my travel to Philly from Canada based on the reviews from Trip Advisor and had my two kids with us after a full day of sight seeing in Philly.

I was expecting good things but I was let down:

1) it was a quiet evening and not busy at all...perhaps 10 or so people in the restaurant but the service was so slow as if there were 100 people in there. Our foods came out at different times; the waitress failed to even come back on several occasions to see if we need anything else...

2) I have to say though - the food was good; was it the best Italian I’ve had? No not really...it was average.

3) This is a BYOB. I didn’t know that prior to going in and only found out that they don’t serve alcohol after asking for the drink menu... it wasn’t a deal breaker for me but its important to note in case your looking to have a few beverages with your meal.

4) Now I’ll save this point for last as I really don’t want to create the impression that I’m hating on this establishment. But imagine the look on my face when I went into the restaurant and found a LOADED FIREARM sitting on top of the window ledge...the firearm was inside a holster left unattended and I figured being the states it belonged to a patron who took it off using the facilities.... Nope! It turned out to belong to who I believe was the manager/owner - who upon being told there was a gun in the washroom was obviously embarrassed and said “sorry about that I used the washroom this morning and didn’t realize...it’s been sitting here all morning”... what do you even say to something like that...tbh I didn’t want to stay at that point but the kids were cranky and hungry and I didn’t feel like looking for another place so we stayed. All I can say is that as someone who owns firearms myself ... this individual should NOT own a firearm and needs to seriously consider himself lucky that the gun was found by me and not someone who decided to take it and god knows where it could have been used....and on who.

I can sincerely say I will not be coming back to this restaurant again...and do not recommend it. The only positive was that the food was decent....

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Stumbled upon this place while I was vacationing with my son in Philly. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The owner, Dan, is a great guy and was a pleasure to get to know. He treated us like family. We ate there twice, once for pizza and once for some good Italian food. All was fantastic! I highly recommend this place!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Friendly wait staff who are accomodating and outgoing. Always stop by for lunch when we're in Philly. Great pizzas, subs and salads. Never disappointed with the food or service. Love that you can BYOB here as well. The house special pizza is definitely worth a try!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely meal at this gorgeous little place, very traditional and homely. Very good service too, we will be back.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Stopped with my daughter who lives nearby. We specifically wanted the Blush Sauce Pizza. It was OUTSTANDING!!! Everything it's talked up to be. Great Pizza On all levels. Polite and efficient service. I wish I lived closer.

Date of visit: May 2017
Angelinosrap, Manager at Angelino's Restaurant Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Thank you and we are glad you enjoyed your meal. We hope to see you again and please try other items also we do have a very big menu. Thank you, Dan A.