“Good solo too”
Review of Spice 28

Spice 28
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice 28 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 4,406 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Please Call.
Cambridge, Ohio
“Good solo too”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Read the other reviews about the nice friendly atmosphere. It was the same for a solo traveler as well. Staff was friendly and the food was very good.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“cool, trendy place to go”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went for dinner on a Friday night. It was very busy and crowded, but in a good way. Our server was very attentive and up beat and he brought our drinks out right away.
Food was tasty and fresh and quite enjoyable.
It was loud in there so if you are trying to have an intense coversation- probably not the best place for that but there are a ton of bars and lounges near by to go to after you have a good dinner here.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was responsible for setting up a dinner for a very large party. I don't live in Philly and I don't know the city at all. A friend recommended a few places, this being one of them. Boy am I glad I took her advice! There were 35 of us AND it was Restaurant Week! Yet the service was personal; they even gave us the option of ordering from the regular menu and broke down the bill for each person! And the food! Everyone had a great meal. It was a little noisy but the food and service made up for that. I got lots of compliments from my colleagues for picking a great place. So thanks to everyone at Spice 28 for making me look good!

Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Not your average Asian Restaurant”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

On my recent trip to Philadelphia for a conference, the concierge at my hotel recommended this restaurant to me and it turned out to be a GREAT suggestion. As noted by another diner, this restaurant has a very cool interior with a cool modern spin on Pan- Asian food. It was very busy on the first night we went (yes, we went twice during our 7 day stay) but we were seated quickly, had a lovely server who helped us and who brought us our meal quickly. We enjoyed our entire meal, but the Soy ginger Wok Asian Greens made me swoon. We had to go back a 2nd time so I could have that again as well as try a couple of different dishes. If you are a beef eater, try the Saigon Beef. The owner told us he is opening a restaurant in Boston soon. I can hardly wait!
If you are in Philadelphia, this little restaurant is worth finding!

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Happy, Happy Hour”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I stopped here just for the happy hour as it was close to our hotel. We like trying all types of asian foods and and my wife heard it was worthwhile , so we stopped by just for happy hour.
We were the only ones when we arrived around 5 pm, early for philly, but that that always makes me a a little leary... but I was happily wrong this time, We wantetd to try all the happy hour priced apps( which are just at the bar ). so we started with the wontons in chili oil... they were excellent, we almost got a second order but wanted to mix it up. we then tried the chicken satay and the chicken was moist and tasty. I thought the peanut sauce could use little more spice,creaminess, and peanut flavor but was satisfactory. Ordered the chicken wraps and the chicken was plentiful and moist with a good flavor, wish it had been a little more spice even though we ordered the spicy version, We asked for some hot sauce, and our bartender quickly came back with their chili oil which is delicous and also sirachi, both. We got an order of tuna dumplings and enjoyed the sweet chili sauce & the touchj of guacomole was a nice addition accompanying them. The ground tuna was moist even though was cooked totally thru, ( wasn't sure if it would come slightly under-done or not but ordered them anyways. Wished an order was larger but we ordered a second one. We decided to stay past happy hour and enjoy a few of the items from the dinner menu. My wife loved the pad thai, which was very good, the szechaun green beans were cruncy with a bit of spicy pork mixed in and Being a lover of pork belly, I got the pork belly in in garlic chili oil,even though it was on the cold app menu. It was GREAT!... slightly warm and the sauce was delicious, and the amount given was generous in my opinion. I will be going back to spice 28 just for that. The service was attentive at the bar and food came out to us at a nice pace,even though they did only 4 tables the whole time we were there, I did notice alot of take out being picked up. We will be going back again to try some other items, as well as that pork belly, YUM. Give them a try.