“Sloooow Service below average food”
Review of Red Owl Tavern

Red Owl Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Owl Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 4,406 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 5th & Chestnut
Transit: Market East Station - When exiting the station walk East on Market Street until you reach 5th street. Make a right onto Chestnut St. For additional directions please see http://www.monaco-philadelphia.com/map/index.html
Nashville, Tennessee
“Sloooow Service below average food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Ordered asparagus soup and cheese plate. It took forever to come. Soup was average at best. The cheese plate was ok. The pickled cauliflower was not good. Got the drink order wrong.

Ordered wedge salad with steak and a hamburger. It took forever to come. Wedge salad was actually quite good. Hamburger was good but fries were not. They were soggy.

If I were Kimpton I would close them down.

1 Thank rkaemp
Natalie P, General Manager at Red Owl Tavern, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear rkaemp,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with us at Red Owl. I would love to hear more about where we dropped the ball and how we can improve. If you could please email me at natalie.pineda@redowltavern.com I would greatly appreciate it. I hope that you will come in and give us another try.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Different Menu Than Expected”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The menu was not what I expected. I had the Gumbo Soup a special. It was very good. My wife had the potato dumplings. Defiantly not what she expected. It was a very large portion and was very good. We took half home to eat later.$40 for a beer, ice tea, bowl of soup and a lunch entree was a little pricy but not too much to keep us from coming back.

• Visited September 2013
Natalie P, General Manager at Red Owl Tavern, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hey George,

I love that we were able to pleasantly surprise you with your lunch. You'll have to come in for dinner and try some of our modern American fare! We can't wait to see you again!

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“OK”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

People were nice, service was generally good, was was pretty good, although the do run out of items! A bit small and cramped and way too loud -- especially if you're looking to unwind after a long day of business or sightseeing. Too expensive though.

Visited September 2013
Amy B, General Manager at Red Owl Tavern, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hi Calinjaxnc,

I always love hearing that we were able to provide friendly, nice service- I'm glad you got that feeling. We are very sorry that we weren't able to help you relax after a busy day of sightseeing. If there is anything more that you think we can improve upon or if there are any details you left out of your review I would love to hear what you think. You can email me at Natalie.Pineda@redowltavern.com. We look forward to seeing you next time you're visiting the City of Brotherly Love.

Natalie Pineda
“Wonderful food, great service, fun drinks!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great place all around. Service quick, accommodating & friendly. Craft cocktail menu and also a charcuterie plate, which I love! Brunch on Saturday was great, too.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank weslew
Hi Weslew,

If you like our charcuterie board, you should try our cheese board- we are constantly changing the cheeses with types from all over the world! Thank you for your kind remarks- we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Lunch”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This restaurant was located on the corner from the Liberty Bell. Very busy, but service was good. We ordered the bunch. They have many choices and based on what I saw being served, it all looked good. Will return

Hi Stuart O,

Thank you so much for writing a review- we truly appreciate it! We always love hearing that our guests were taken care of and that we've won them over. We can't wait to see you again!