“One of the only breakfast spots in Old City”
Review of Red Owl Tavern

Red Owl Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Owl Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 4,440 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 5th & Chestnut
Transit: Market East Station - When exiting the station walk East on Market Street until you reach 5th street. Make a right onto Chestnut St. For additional directions please see http://www.monaco-philadelphia.com/map/index.html
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Trying to find breakfast in Old City anywhere but your hotel is a challenge. Found the Red Owl in the Monaco hotel. Industrial lookingbut comfortable. Prices a bit high, but free refills on juice was a plus. Menu was short, but the food was quite good. Had cinnamon bread french toast with huckleberries. I would recommend the meal.
Service was fine.

Natalie P, General Manager at Red Owl Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Festermatt,

I'm so happy that you stumbled upon the Red Owl for breakfast- nothing beats a good breakfast to start the day. Good choice with the french toast- it's just sweet enough for breakfast but so delicious. Next time you're in town you should stop back in and try one of our famous house-made sausages! We look forward to seeing you then.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food quality is subpar. The prices are high even for a hotel restaurant and with the exception of one morning the service was incredibly slow.

Hi Minorthr,

I am very sorry that our service was slow during your visits, that is never something that we want when we have hungry guests. I hope that you will be able to give us another chance so that we may live up to your expectations. If there is anything more that you feel I should know about your visit so that we can improve as a restaurant I encourage you to email me at Natalie.Pineda@redowltavern.com.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Nice tables outside to have drink or bite to eat. Have their own butcher area downstairs so meat selections are great! Fun bar atmosphere. Burgers great!

Hey Ann S,

Thank you so much for your awesome comments, we love to hear when our guests have a good time! We are so lucky to have an on-site butcher pumping out our great cuts of meat and our amazing sausages. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in town!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The space is great, and location in the Monaco is a plus, but the food is mediocre at best and the waiter we had was rude. Philly has much better restaurants for the $$ and a lot better trained staff and most.

Dear Sfsunny2011,

I am very sorry that your experience at Red Owl did not meet your expectations. I would love to speak to you further about where we dropped the ball. If you could please email me at Natalie.Pineda@redowltavern.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

loved the red owl burger. the onion relish was amazing!!!!! soooo good! u have to try it! room service was very slow and i was disappointed when some of my food arrived slightly warm but the flavor was so good that i quickly got over that.

Natalie P, General Manager at Red Owl Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Hey shaunaustin2013,

I believe it is the onion relish that really brings our burger to the next level, I'm glad you experienced that as well! I am so sorry that room service was a little delayed, I will be sure to bring this up with the in-room dining manager. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back!