“OMG!! Butter Bar?? Fabulous!”

Flying Monkey Bakery
Ranked #5 of 161 Bakeries in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had seen this stall as I passed to find dinner, my fiancé said to go get whatever you want before they close. OMG! So glad I stopped. I was lucky enough to get the last butter bar in stock and it was so delectable (never heard of it before) I will totally stop again tomorrow before heading back to Maryland. He told me a butter bar was the taste of a perfect flaky pie crust with the consistency of a lemon bar... The perfect description.. We also tried the s'mores pie it is very good but beware it is REALLY rich. I ate less than half before I gave up. We need one of these on the west coast! The prices were reasonable (individual pies were 5.00) , there were cookies, cupcakes, flour less cakes,
And a ton of vegan choices available. The man that helped me was very nice, packing everything up in clamshell containers so everything arrived back at the hotel perfectly and not smashed.

Another stall located in Reading Terminal Market.... A must try if you love bakeries!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

YUM! Located in Reading Terminal Market this is a great snack as you are people watching and walking around shopping!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Although I am not a vegan, I went today hoping I could get a vegan one. They didn't have then so I get a cake batter cupcake. It was good-moist and flavorful. The icing was great as well, I really liked that it was a whipped icing and not buttercream.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a lovely bakery for the perfect desert after stuffing yourself at the reading market. The selection is great, brownies, cookies, truffles, ........all looked delicious. I had the double chocolate brownie, $3, and it was great. Staff was also very friendly.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had an amazingly positive experience with this bakery. I ordered a few small items and both people I spoke to were very polite. They took extra care with bagging so nothing got smashed. As important... the quality of the food is EXCELLENT. I was amazed with the macaroon especially, I think it is the best I had. They actually destroyed a childhood memory (in a good way!), since I've had a different favorite-macaroon place for about 30 years up until now. I highly recommend Flying Monkey Bakery.