“As their name..”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Fat salmon... Their salmon melts in your mouth.. My friends and I ordered Sashimi for two. The portion was awesome and we were stuffed!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

by far, I have been a fan for a long time, when they were still at spruce st. it is really good sushi, great variety, but not too much. service can take long (sometimes for no apparent reason), but it is always worth the wait!!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This place is a killer deal. Downtown Philly. It’s got some style but is mostly casual. I was there right at opening on a Sunday evening, and was second in a line of three –t he hostess took forever to get us seated – dealing with phone calls and such – the girl behind me threw a lot of attitude but I could also tell she comes there a lot. Service was a little distant and slow but killer deal! I got an appetizer that merged sushi with ceviche – delicious! And a great roll. Cheap wine too. I would come here ALL THE TIME if I lived in Philly.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love Fat Salmon. The food it delicious and the atmosphere is really cool. I usually come for lunch, since I work close by. I can't speak for the dinner service, but during lunch, the service is usually pretty slow. If you want to come for lunch, definitely call ahead and pick it up.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My friends who claim to be foodies like this place. I remember one bad experience and haven't been back, but decided to try it again today - this time for lunch. First of all I was put off by the smell of grease in the air - then I remember it was one of the things I didn't like last time. I don't like going back to work smelling like a greasy restaurant. Next, it seemed very inefficient and slow. At first there were only 3 tables full, yet it took over 5 minutes to be seated. It was another 10 until the waiter came over and after ordering it was 45 minutes until the lunch boxes arrived. There were lots of complaints about this, since people had to be back to work. I thought the idea of lunch boxes is that they were fast. There were 5 chefs at the sushi bar, so perhaps the kitchen is understaffed. Based on a bad sushi experience last visit, I decided to go with cooked food. I had the pork katsu and salmon teriyaki lunch box. It looked very nice. The pork and salmon were warm to almost hot, but oddly the veggies around them were refrigerator cold (I supposed they were to be warm or at least room temperature: asparagus, potato, carrots). Also, there was a fried mix of something (like a thick okonomiyaki pancake cut into chunks. Each side had one of these. I am sure they should have been at least reheated, since fried food cold like that isn't good. Besides that, one had raw, uncooked dough (or pancake batter) in it. My guess is these boxes with veggies and the batter things were probably prepared long ago and refrigerated and were supposed to be reheated or microwaved before adding the meats, which were getting cold from the veggies they were lying on. Odd experience and just not right. Before leaving I went to the bathroom. One of the chefs was there ahead of me. What I noticed though was the sink was dry, so either he was just inspecting it or didn't wash his hands before exiting. I couldn't decide on poor or average, so gave them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps it was an off day. But now I have 2 less than happy experiences out of 2. I won't be returning for a 3rd try.