“Perfection”

Vernick Food & Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Vernick Food & Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 20th
Transit: Broad Street Line: Walnut-Locust station Market-Frankford Line: 15th Street station
Description: Located at 2031 Walnut Street in the Rittenhouse Square area of Philadelphia, Vernick Food & Drink is an inviting neighborhood bistro. Chef Gregory Vernick focuses on using extraordinary regional products to create a menu of approachable, globally-inspired dishes. The "Drink" side of Vernick Food & Drink features craft cocktails, as well as careful selection of domestic and imported wines and beers. Since opening, Vernick Food & Drink has earned accolades from Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, James Beard Foundation, StarChefs and more.
Philadelphia
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely evening in this Manhattan like gem. The fare was fresh, delicious, and creative. Wonderful, chic ambiance. Loved it!

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“High on my favorites list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hard to get a reservation but worth the effort. Try the different "Toasts" and "Grilled Romain". YUM!!

• Visited April 2013
“Best meal we have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner. Our food and my husband's drinks were amazing. We tried combos of food we would never thought would go together. We tried some toast, asparagus, mozzarella cheese dish, huge steak, and chocolate cake. We would visit philly just to eat here again.

Pennington, New Jersey
“Very good but not quite up to the hype”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

So we went here knowing that it's a hot restaurant in Philly and perhaps we expected too much. Yes, the service is excellent -- attentive without being obtrusive. And the "toasts" are an outstanding way to start your meal. I highly recommend the crab. But be careful about how much food you order (which is somewhat confusing by the way the menu is set up). If you are a couple, I recommend sharing 3 toasts and then each have a large plate -- no small plate. We had a table for 4, had 4 toasts, 2 small plates, and the big seafood dish to share. Once dessert came around it was too much food. With regard to dessert, although it is highly rated I would avoid the chocolate cake. It's just nothing special, and it's too large and somewhat dry. The atmosphere of this place is bustling. We ate upstairs and it was quite loud. So if you want a subdued atmosphere for a quite conversation, this probably isn't the place for you.

1 Thank gbsand81
New York City, New York
“Outstanding dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

For my trip to Philadelphia last week I decided to make reservations for Vernick Food & Drink mainly because it was the #1 rated restaurant on TripAdvisor. The reviews prepared me for a good dining experience but it was actually OUTSTANDING! The food was amazing, service: top notch, atmosphere: relaxed & somewhat casual, dessert: to die for (do yourself a favor and try the roasted date cake with the coconut gelato, I was tempted to order another one because I was sharing desert, it was pretty much the best thing I ever ate!) I will probably plan another trip to Philadelphia in the near future just to go back to this restaurant and it was hands down the best part of my trip!

• Visited March 2013