“This place is excellent”
Review of Stella Sera

Stella Sera
Ranked #858 of 4,631 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bethleham Pike
Description: Stella Sera offers customers real Italian meals, specialized in a variety of homemade pastas and dessert. We also offer the freshest seafood, milk fed veal, free ranged chicken, etc. That is sure to satisfy your appetite.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great Italian food and variety of menu. Great service, amazing desserts. Good for romance or special occasions. Small place, great bathroom (you gotta see it). BYOB, which is nice. They also give you a 10% discount if you pay with cash.

The only mark against this place is the sound carries and bounces off the narrow walls/ceiling. Some sound dampening might help. We don't get here often enough, but it's a treat when we do.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Really nice. Terrific service. Branzino and gnocchi were great. The bread was heavenly. There was a live guitarist who played pop and a little classical-- made for a very elegant evening.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent five nights in Chestnut Hill recently and had dinner at this restaurant three times. It was that good. Although it's only small the service is first class. The waiters remembered me the second time I was there. The decor is very relaxing but you need to know it's BYO which I didn't. There's a bottle shop just across the road with an excellent selection of wines.

The menu is not large but quite comprehensive. The bread is delicious and meals are quick to arrive. The food itself is outstanding and well presented. The pasta is home made and cooked just right. I had steak the third night and it melted in my mouth. My friend who I took there was very impressed. She hopes to take her husband back there as she lives not far away. The fettuccine with crab meat, asparagus and sun-dried tomato all complemented each other. Desserts were superb. I had Mojito sorbet the first night. I would have been happy with two scoops instead of three. And I shared a raspberry cheesecake with berries with my friend. Very happy I stumbled on this.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

What a delightful chestnut hill BYOB! The gorgonzola gnocchi was phenomenal, as was the fettuccine with filet tips and white truffle, and the environment was perfect for two couples reconnecting. Highly recommend! Make sure you take note of the hologram in the restroom sink, as well as the starlit ceiling!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

On our recent trip to Philadelphia, staying in the Chestnut Hill area, we looked through the material in our host's collection and saw Stella Sera. It was about a 20 minute walk to the top of Chestnut Hill, bought a bottle of wine at the neighborhood Wine shop...Stella is a BYOB house. Sat down in a small, moderately busy restaurant after a prompt greeting by the waiter. We had some of the best food in ANY restaurant...not pretentious but delicious. The place is owned by a Tunisian with an enthusiastic and friendly Mexican waiter. The lamb chop special was terrific.

Don't miss this little and affordable gem.