“An authentic Italian place!”
Review of Stella Sera

Stella Sera
Ranked #1,370 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bethleham Pike
Description: Stella Sera offers customers real Italian meals, specialized in a variety of homemade pastas and dessert. We also offer the freshest seafood, milk fed veal, free ranged chicken, etc. That is sure to satisfy your appetite.
Wyncote, Pennsylvania, USA
“An authentic Italian place!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Stella Sera is an authentic Italian restaurant in Chestnut Hill. The food is home-cooked, freshly-made to order, the staff is very accommodating, and the decor is very updated and pleasant. I'd rate this place an overall 8.5 out of 10!

New Jersey
“Really excellent”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and teen-age nephew ate at Stella Sera on a Wednesday night and we were one of only three tables of customers. The food was excellent as was the service The tomato sauce on the mussels was especially good with wonderful herbs. The veal was tender and the seafood on the pasta tender and favorful. Threre is a wine store across the street if you forget to BYO. Definitely will go back.

• Visited September 2012
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Great menu - hard to decide”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We found this restaurant walking the streets of Chestnut Hill. The menu had so many good choices, we had a hard time deciding - we wanted to try everything. The salads were excellent. I really liked my pasta verde and my husband thoroughly enjoyed the veal medallions in cognac cream sauce. The bread was delicious. I could have made a meal out of the bread and salad. Loved the fact that this is a BYOB, and the liquor store is right across the street. We brought in a very good Italian wine, and best part; no corkage fee. The desserts looked delicious, but we were too full by then. Only negative is that when we arrived, the air conditioning was not working and it was very hot; however, they got it fixed while we were there and it cooled off nicely. Service was perfect.

• Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Italian BYOB!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS!! This restaurant is a perfect byob. The food was fresh and so tasteful. My fiance and I were celebrating a birthday and it was our first time. It was on a Wednesday night, so it wasn't very crowded. The ambiance was perfect. We ordered the eggplant parm appetizer, the red snapper over risotto special and the pasta verde with lump crab meat and a basil pesto sauce. AWESOME!! Also, the amazing crispy canolli for desert was a perfect ending to an amazing dinner. The waiters were so attentive and professional. I felt like I was eating at a 5 star restaurant. I definitely recommend this restaurant for any occasion. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Danielle N
Philadelphia
“Chestnut Hill needed this restaurant!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stella Sera was such a delightful surprise for my husband and I, as well as for our two guests, who are the ultimate foodies. All the pasta was homemade and cooked to absolute perfection. I can honestly say that it felt like I was eating in Italy. The food is that good.

• Visited June 2012