“Great Value in Philadelphia”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great Value in Philadelphia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We enjoyed three days at the Hotel Monaco. The location was perfect and the value was ideal. Our only complaint was the room was relatively small. I thought the bathroom was also a bit small but my wife enjoyed the large bathtub. The complimentary wine hour at 5 pm was a nice touch. The staff were also friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PHM_HotelManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
janavratil -

Thank you for choosing the Monaco! Given the historic roots of our building, there were a number of structural elements we built around that lead to a lot of room layout variability. Additionally we have a number of different room types that can provide more space (suites or spa rooms for starters). Happily your wife was happy which I think we can all agree is the most important thing.

Hope to see you again soon.

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

This wast first visit to a Kimpton property, but based on my experiences it won't be my last. Every mark of customer service
and hotel quality was "spot on". All staff excelled at making me feel welcome, safe and important. Upon arrival, I was greeted by Brad who escorted me into the hotel, made sure there was no delay in connecting with registration staff and offered assistance with getting around the city. Rashid in guest services is a "rock star", going beyond expectations to offer extra touches to help start the day. Solomon patiently greets each guest and is a great listener. The time he spends to acknowledge people is quite special. The location, service quality and genuine sense of hospitality sets this property in a class onto itself!

2 Thank GetsMyVote
GetsMyVote -

You met some of our rockstars to be sure and I'm especially happy to see you got a chance to meet Solomon! He works silently (often times) on the overnight, but I think you described his style to a "t". He is a tremendous asset and we are truly appreciative of his service. And we appreciate you choosing us as well.

Regards -

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is literally across the street from a full couple days of classic Americana activities.
The liberty bell, Independence Hall, Ben Franklin's gravesite, etc. etc. etc.
Best location in downtown Philly. Cool lobby area, friendly staff, and great rooms. Very comfortable for families. Great for kids-well decorated. Important taxi note: If you are heading out somewhere, take a right out of the main entrance, take the first right and walk one block to grab a cab. If you don't it will take you ten minutes and $8 extra bucks to maneuver through the one way streets and construction.

Room Tip: Try to face the Liberty Bell building side of the hotel.
Green Features: Kimpton is always eco-friendly. Great recycling and cool amenities that reduce packaging, etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fpk932
fpk932 -

While most of the city is very walkable from here, you are correct that occasionally a taxi might be preferred (if not required). Being strategic about grabbing one on a street that is oriented to the direction you are going can certainly help. If you opt to venture out on your own (instead of having a doorman flag one for you), we can help point you in the right direction.

Safe travels -

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying I stayed at Hotel Monaco over the 4th of July Holiday, which I thought was going to be chaotic and unenjoyable. I couldn't have been more wrong. The facility itself is second to none. It's extremely clean and has tremendous character. The staff made you feel right at home.

Another great aspect of the hotel is the rooftop lounge. It's like no other drinking spot in the city. It has a perfect balance of fun and class.

I know for now on anytime I book a hotel room in Philly I'm staying at Hotel Monaco!!

Michael B -

We are at the epicenter of Independence, so there is definitely a lot going on that weekend, not the least of which is the parade closing off every street adjacent to the hotel for about 10 hours. But it is a good fun, and I am happy to hear we successfully helped you navigate it. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers -

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia this 4th of July weekend and it was amazing! The rooms, the service, the food, the downstairs bar, the rooftop lounge, everything was just perfect. I highly recommend this hotel for people visiting this great city!

Stayed July 2014
Rockybrad -

You picked a great time to celebrate with us. The significance of the 4th of July to these city blocks cannot be understated. An incredibly unique, fun time to stay here. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Best -

West Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Spent the 4th of July weekend here and LOVED everything. The Hotel is amazing the location is awesome
And the staff was incredible and made us all feel like we were the only people there, the attention blew my mind. I will definitely be back! Absolutely perfect!!!!
Thank you!

Larry081711 -

Thank you very much for choosing the Monaco! I am thrilled to hear we were able to provide the individual attention we expect for all of our guests. Hope to see you back soon!

Cheers -

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This past week my family was in town for a wedding in Philadelphia. From valet parking to checking out, everything was a breeze! Staying with a large group can be tricky when it comes to eating and retrieving vehicles. We were not only accommodated, but met with a smile everywhere we went. Some things/spaces we took advantage of were "Wine Hour", Red Owl Tavern for brunch, and Stratus Rooftop Lounge. Hotel Monaco turned out to be much more than a place to rest our heads, it was a wonderful experience. My husband and I definitely plan to return for a date night!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffany B
Tiffany B -

Thanks to you and your family for celebrating your special occasion with us! Make sure your husband doesn't drag his feet on the date night. If he needs any prodding, feel free to give me a call.

Best -