“Beautiful & Centrally Located”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #3 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is unique in its decor and its convenience. It's rare that the photos on a hotel website look true to life. This place actually looks like what they advertise. The staff is super friendly! We are in town for the Bears/Eagles football game. The time was moved back from 1pm to 8:30 and they gave us complimentary late check out at 8pm for the inconvenience. I couldn't sign in to the rewards program to get online to print my tickets and they printed them for us right at the front desk.
The hotel is literally walking distance from every single main attraction. Free wifi if you join their rewards program. Complimentary wine social at 5pm.
Fabulous! Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

You know it’s true, when you're not the only one who says it. Our staff and location are unmatched! Thanks for agreeing with me.

Come back anytime - football season or other!

jessica.lavin@hotelmonaco.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,810)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stay here. No question. It is very clean, quiet, everything updated, and the employees are helpful, vibrant and happy. They made me happier. It's in a good location, too for eating, walking and sightseeing. I stay in hotels many times a year, mostly on the West coast of the US, and cleanliness matters a lot to me. This hotel was very well kept -- as though people take pride in their work. I will definitely stay in this hotel the next time I am in Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the amazing review! Our staff takes pride in everything they do and their passion for exceeding expectations shows in everything they do. Thank you for noticing and calling them out on it! Hope to see you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The rooms and the interiors are beautiful with avant garde decor. We had a room overlooking the Independence Park. The room service staff were friendly and courteous. The coffee is great. There is a rooftop lounge bar which is also worth visiting. The location is excellent if you are spending a weekend or are in Philly for tourism. Overall a wonderful experience. My recommendation for anyone considering staying in old city Philly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recommendation and for staying with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful time exploring Philly and the Monaco!

Best,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband was here on business and I joined him for a week long stay. The hotel is located in the "Old City" so you can walk or get a bus to all the historical places in the old city area. The staff was friendly, yet professional. The room and bed were very comfortable, although I think they need more rods in the bathroom for hanging towels. The attached restaurant "The Red Owl" had excellent food with reasonable prices. We found the old restaurant enchanting. The hotel hosts evening drinks in the "living Room" area nightly. The hotel has a homey cozy feel with it's eclectic decorating style. It also has all the usual expected conveniences of a much larger hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks with a window to the outside. Some rooms overlook the empty courtyard area...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I'm so glad that you were able to make the trip with your husband. Not only are we great for business travelers but for their family as well. I hope you had fun in Philadelphia. Kimpton will be seeing you soon in San Antonio!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Hotel Monaco is a converted early 20th-century office building, and part of the Kimpton chain, which means that its interior decor leans toward the avant-garde. Having said that, however, this is a first-rate hotel: Clean and comfortable, very reasonably priced, with a busy but attendant staff and all the usual amenities required by demanding travelers. Best of all, if you're interested in historic Philadelphia, it is an ideal location: At Fifth and Chestnut, adjacent to Independence Park and the Liberty Ball, within easy walking distance of museums, restaurants, historic houses and churches, and the like. Our room literally overlooked Independence Hall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhilipTerzian

Thank you so much for sharing your recommendation with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at the Monaco and in Philadelphia.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at this hotel this past weekend and the whole experience was just lovely. We got a great rate on hotels.com and when we checked in they were nice enough to upgrade us to a room with a view. The housekeepers left nice notes and asked if we wanted cookies, the restaurant staff was the most attentive I have ever seen and the front desk people were upbeat and pleasant. We decided to add another night and managed to book a great rate with the front desk. I will definetley plan to stay on my next visit to Philly.

Room Tip: The view of Independence park was lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Everything happens for a reason - you found us on hotels.com so that we could make sure you had a wonderful time in Philadelphia. The whole team is looking forward to welcoming you back. Thanks for the love!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I always try to stay in Hotel Monaco when possible because of the incredible service and amenities I have come to expect. This hotel was possibly the nicest Monaco I have stayed in. Location is near perfect: less than a block from a SEPTA (metro) stop, caddy corner to Independence Park, a 10-minute walk to South Street, and a 5-minute or less walk to several other great restaurant areas. Decor, as always, was modern and funky, which I like. Very clean. Service was great and everyone, from the door men, to the receptionists, to the maids, were friendly. Room was spacious, bright, and well-appointed. Fitness room was large, with several cardio machines, a cable machine, and dumbbells. Was able to do a decent CF workout with what they had. The attached restaurant was great. The only negative I experienced was the Stratus Rooftop lounge. First, it was located on my floor (10th) and at night, they treat the elevators and the guests like the President of the US is in attendance. Not rude, but like celebrities are in the Lounge and they don't want anyone near it who isn't supposed to be there. I wasn't tracking there was a dress code for the Lounge, so I couldn't go in because I packed only jeans and casual wear for the Army-Navy game. Wish I had business casual ("dressed to impress" as I just discovered is the dress code) so I could have checked it out. Seemed like happening place. From now on when I go to Philly, this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are probably the best.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joshb2j
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hi Josh,

I'm really glad you're attached to the Hotel Monaco's - they are so much fun. From the sounds of it you had a fantastic stay with us. Soon we'll have another Monaco in Pittsburg. I hope to have you back soon. Thanks for the great review!

Best Wishes,