“Gorgeous Modern Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gorgeous Modern Hotel”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Not a great view as it was an inner room but the room was awesome. The furniture tv stand had a cadillac style to it. The walls had very trendy decorative printt. In our closet, we receive two robes to wear: a jersey one and a leopard one.

The hotel bar was pretty awesome. There were two lounge areas and a fire pit along the wall. There was one bar which got pretty busy, but the bartenders were pretty quick to get out drinks. The people there were pretty attractive, but I suspect that some of the attendees charged by the hour...I kid.

The gym was a pretty good size. A few treadmills, elipicals, pulley system, free weights up to 40, a row machine, and a couple of bikes. The view from the gym makes the morning run go by quicker.

My only beef is that the hotel didn't have a pool, but other than that my stay was pretty great. I thought I'd left an item at the hotel, so I called the hotel. They directed me to a lost and found voicemail. I had doubts that I'd get a call back. Lucky for me, I found my item tucked deep in the pocket of my suitcase. Within 24 hours, I got a call from the manager of lost and found and she told me nothing was found. I really appreciated the call.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city and not one of the inner rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica L, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hi!

So glad you and your girl had a great time! Sounds like you got to take advantage of all the amenities of the hotel. Love that you had an awesome experience all around, come back and visit! Thanks for the review.

Jessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night for anniversary. Centrally located and very stylish and modern hotel. Funky, fun, but elegantly decorated bedrooms and accessories (leopard bathrobes and cheetah pillows, bright yellow doors, and graphic wallpaper). Service was great from the valet parking to doormen to concierge. As soon as we checked in, a bottle of red wine was sent to our room. We appreciated the nice gesture. You can't go wrong with the location. All the restaurants, historical sights, museums and so much more are within walking distance. Excellent hotel in Philly--one of my favorite weekend getaways from NYC!

• Stayed August 2013
Now that we know you're favorite weekend getaway is Philly, I hope we'll be seeing more of you. Hope you got to check out Red Owl Tavern while you were there!

Thanks for sharing your trip!
Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 26, 2013

walk out the door and across the street and your at independence hall and the liberty bell. They did a very nice job of remodeling an old building. Inside the hotel is fresh and clean, new paint, wallpaper etc. the very definition of a boutique hotel. i highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: park half way around the block for half the price of valet parking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davenicolle
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the stellar review! Our location is second to none!

Cheers!
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was awesome here! I did feel bad for the staff because they had no service elevator. I didn't mind, it was great speaking to the workers getting their feedback on what to do in the area. I didn't have time to to see the whole hotel, but inside etched brass elevator doors, colorful tile, and its pet friendly environment. Also, I didn't have time to explore the bar or brunch upstairs... Location is key, this hotel is in walking distance for most of your tourist attractions. Overall great hotel! Also , don't freight if a coffee maker is not in your room. Take advantage of the free amenities provided to you. Coffee, curling irons, etc are there upon request. I even saw phone chargers on the list!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey Cleo!

It sounds like even though you didn't get to hit everything while staying with us, you still had a great time. And you're right we do have all of that and more for guests while traveling. Our morning coffee reception is a great way to meet other guests, and talk to our concierge about things to do!

Hope you'll stay with us again,
Kent
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our first stay at a Kimpton hotel and we were very impressed - if they are all as good as this we will definitely use this chain again. This is a new hotel and is in an excellent location to see the historical area of Philadelphia. Our room overlooked the Liberty Bell square with the main tourist attractions. Just a short walk from Penn's Landing and shopping areas. We loved our huge rooms - 204/205 - a Queen Queen interconnecting with a King with park view. Very good value for such a great location. Great decor - we loved the Alice in Wonderland theme and choice of furniture and wallpaper. Nice welcome at front desk with good restaurant recommendations. Excellent access by stairs (I don't use lifts/elevators). Reasonably quiet overnight for such a central location. Good room service from the restaurant on site. Overall a really great hotel and highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review. I love that you all had a great time. Having the full Red Owl Tavern menu available in your room - what's better than that!

Thanks again,
Essen, Germany
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We already stayed in several Kimpton Hotels, but never in such a marvellous house like the Monaco in Philadelphia. It was a great experience to be in a hotel with so many colors, pictures and styles. Congratulations to the designer of these outstanding ideas!

We had a wonderful large room with the magnificent look at all historical attractions of Philly. It was quite and clean and the beds were very comfortable.

The staff was also very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. We had a great stay and enjoyed it very much. This hotel was the perfect location and we can highly recommend it!

Room Tip: If you take the room-no. 439 you have a view to all historical attractions.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Caecilie

I like to believe that our staff is the friendliest in the city. They really are here to please and go above and beyond. Love hearing that you fell in love with the hotel just like we did.

Thanks!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've been here before, but upon our second trip back got to visit Stratus, the newly opened lounge. A very friendly person on staff (I think called "G", his nametag said Jesus) gave us a tour before it opened. Great decor and a great place for a nice night if you don't mind crowds or just get there early. We loved the extras like the secret password of the month and all the food at the Red Owl Tavern was delicious! All the extras we got as part of their loyalty program made us wonder why we'd ever stay anywhere else.

We just stayed for a short weekend, I posted pictures of the hotel and my thoughts on where to eat and what to do here: http://twoeconomists.blogspot.com/2013/07/Monaco-Philly.html

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
What's better than staying at the best hotel in the city? Having the best restaurant in the city in said hotel! Glad you had an awesome stay with us and for being a loyal InTouch member. I'll make sure we pass along your feedback to our engineer Jee, he's a great ambassador of the hotel.

Thanks for sharing the love!