“Wow!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 4, 2013

An amazing restoration of a beautiful building and corner across from the Independence Hall. Watched today's parade from my window and was as there as if I was down on the street. No attention to detail has been spared here. A traditional building as unconventional as you can imagine.rooms are spacious and inviting. Windows treatments allow you to create your own cocoon if you'd like.all the Kimpton properties I've been to have been top notch, but this is pretty extraordinary and I haven't yet gone to the rooftop. Excellent staff, Red Owl is unreal. Heart of the rebirth of a very safe and of course walk able Old Town/Society Hill. Everything you want to get to, starts here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig R
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hi Craig!

OMG! Thank you so much for showing us love, and while you were still here. There is no better love than that of an Inner Circle member!

Come back and visit!
Cheers - Jessica

Reviewed July 2, 2013

As can be expected from a Hotel Monaco, this is a wonderful hotel. Staff eager to please [especially the reception staff], rooms nicely furnished, incredible location [right across the Liberty Bell]. Rooms are really quiet. So quiet in fact, that when room service knocked in the a.m. and we practically yelled that we were still inside, she couldn’t hear us. Coffee and donuts provided in the a.m. There’s a nice rooftop bar which is one of the most popular bars in the city with lovely hostesses; however there’s almost no view from this rooftop bar [note: there is heavy, albeit super friendly and nicely dressed, security on Friday and Saturday nights because of this bar].

The signature daily wine hour was nice, albeit didn’t have snacks that other Hotel Monaco’s we’ve stayed in had provided. Also, the cutoff was strictly an hour; our previous experiences, this was a little more lenient.

Workout room really small for a hotel this size, and rather simply decorated. Probably expect more from a Hotel Monaco.

Reason I give the hotel a 4 instead of a 5:

~ valet park is a hassle. There is a SMALL area to pull up and get valet parked. We had to wait a bit because of cars in front of us, and unfortunately blocked traffic for a few minutes. I can’t imagine what the line up is like on a really busy time, especially if its rush hour. It was explained to us that it takes 15~20 minutes to retrieve a car, so call ahead. I had my daily driver, but leave your exotic sportscars @ home. The valet staff was really friendly and did their best to keep up.

~ our room had no view at all. There are rooms that face the interior, which overlook rocks and the A/C vents. We didn’t know there’d be rooms such as this; we might have upgraded.

~ the beer I opened out of the mini bar cracked at the lip when I opened it. Had been there for a while? Fortunately it was ‘paid’ for by the ‘welcome’ gift for Kimpton members, although with the broken beer, I’d used up the ‘welcome’ allotment. I know, this was my fault.

Actually didn’t know this is a new hotel. If you plan to visit Reading Terminal Market, the hotel is a 16 minute leisurely walk. I’d definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IT-Expert

Thank you so much for writing such a great review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It will help us grow!

Best Wishes - Come back soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

A friend recommend I stay here while I was on a business trip. I loved it! The first thing you should do is sign up for the Kimpton rewards program and then make your reservation. As a reward member, you'll receive free snacks during your stay which can come in handy in the middle of the night. I stayed in a Parkview King room which is an absolute must! The view over Independence park and the city in the morning and evening is really enjoyable. I didn't order room service, but the staff and front desk personnel are warm, friendly and professional. This hotel cares about their customers!!! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler1975_75
Jessica L, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

I know I say that our staff cares about our guests, but to see it in writing, from a guest, means the world to me. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Come back soon,

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable night. My husband and I stayed for one night in June to celebrate our aniversary. Our king spa room was perfect for relaxing in a Giant tub after a day of touring. The Monaco is in the heart of old city perfect for seeing all the historic sites. We had mentioned that it was our aniversary when we booked the room so we were greeted with a pleasant "happy aniversary" when we checked in. Also, waiting for us was a aniversary surprise in our room!!! Kuddos to the Monaco for making our aniversary magical.

• Stayed: June 2013

I love that you said your stay was MAGICAL, because that means more to me than any ranking or score. To know that we helped give someone an unforgettable experience warms my heart. I hope that you will come back and see us.

Happy Anniversary!!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the valet parker to the concierge to the waiter to the front desk we were well taken care of. The location was ideal and the hotel amenities were wonderful! Thanks, Monaco! The room was whimsically decorated. The concierge took time to answer all our questions and steer us in the right direction. We had a lovely stay and look forward to another visit!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Our team doesn't just want to make our guests feel welcome, they want our guests to feel like family. You are welcome for the excellent stay, and thank you for telling us about it!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I travel ALOT for buissness spending 2-3 nights every single week at hotels. A co-worker mentioned hotel Monaco in Seattle and I was happy to see it pop up in Philly for my last trip. I booked it having no idea what I was in for. By far, extraordinarily far, this is my absolute favorite hotel. Every book and cranny makes me happy and overcome with happiness. From the gorgeous black and white wallpaper, to the bold yellow flowers on my carpet to every little details like the dachshund on my chair, is perfect. I took in every inch if my room and just fell in love. I opened the closet and even then was taken aback! Robes in leopard and SWEATER!!!! How ingenious!!! I'm head over heels for this sweater robe and thought id order one online. Come to find out, this particular one is ONLY available here!! Looks like this puppy is coming home with me! I cannot say enough about this beautifully colorful, eclectic, fun hotel that really struck a special place in my heart! I cannot wait to be back, and for sure, hotel Monaco has a permanent fan in me!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Qtnai915

I think you have just won our BEST Review award! I've got the biggest grin on my face, because you have described exactly how we want people to feel at the Monaco. Our Rocky Robes will soon be available on our Kimpton Style website, because they truly are the best thing since sliced bread! Thanks for sharing the love!

Safe travels & come back soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel Monaco is all about the Location. If you are in Philly specifically for American historical sites then this is the place. Get a corner suite so you overlook Independence Hall. Since it is in the middle of all the historical sites, we stopped there mid day for a rest during our visits which made the day more enjoyable. Beyond the location it is smartly decorated and very clean. No breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite as high up as possible (hotel has 10 floors). That way you can see Indpendence Ha...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thanks for the great review, and yes our location is very conducive to the much needed nap time. I couldn't agree more. I did just want to note that Red Owl Tavern does serve breakfast, I'm sorry if someone at the hotel gave you the wrong information.

Cheers!