“Most beautiful hotel in USA I'm sure”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Adelaide
“Most beautiful hotel in USA I'm sure”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the moment we walked into this hotel, we knew it was going to be amazing. We were not disappointed. From the reception desks, which are fabulous, to the room, this whole hotel is amazing. We did book a one bedroom corner suite as there were 3 of us sharing and so glad we did, the room was so spacious and absolutely gorgeous. Huge bathroom with freestanding tub, the decor was outstanding. I love that feeling of walking into a hotel room and just going 'wow'. We stayed at 7 hotels during our trip and this was the most beautiful in every way. Faultless.

Room Tip: Corner suite overlooking Independence Hall and Liberty bell was superb.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank poshAdelaide
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I love our new tag line "Most beautiful hotel in USA" I just hope it fits on my business card! I can't thank you enough for the great review of your stay with us. We really do have beautiful hotel with amazing staff.

Cheers!
Nick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Thank you for the most wonderful stay at your hotel. The staff, the accomodations, the restaurant..one delightful experience after another. From the moment we arrived, through the checkin process and the gorgeous room that we were assigned, then the food at the Red Owl Tavern...super! The staff was courteous, attentive and all really love their jobs and it showed. The level of service from every department was outstanding. This will be my go to hotel. I cannot wait to visit again...thank you for a truly wonderful experience. Consider yoursellves the "gold standard" in hospitality!

Hey Terry!

Thanks for your GOLD rating. Nothing makes me love my job more than reading about an amazing guest experience like yours. Come back anytime!!

Thanks!
NY
Reviewed May 15, 2013

From now on I won't stay anywhere else in Philadelphia. Has an exceptional stay - beautiful property (you have to like modern, eclectic), fun, well kept, clean, exceptional service, responsive. Only off the charts great things about this hotel. I can't recommend it highly enough and I'm a hard grader. Give it a try.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the great press!! See you when you come back to Philly.

Safe Travels,
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This brand new neat hotel is across the street from Independence Hall - the prime Old City location. It offers the usual well-designed Kimpton chic in a classy old building. The decor is modern and bold; huge yellow flowers on a dark blue carpet in our room. Electronic pillar candles, lots of nice design touches, Etro toiletries, red lacquer commode, funky bathroom. Shirts cost $7.95 to be laundered. The comfortable Living Room offers complimentary coffee/tea in the mornings and a glass of wine early evenings. The background music there was a bit too loud for easy conversation but the staff happily turned it down when asked. There is a trendy/noisy rooftop bar - with no view of Independence Hall?? The Red Owl tavern's decor is entirely out of keeping with the rest of the hotel and the drinks are expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nick_GM_Monaco_PHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hi Camwas,

Thanks for taking the opportunity to share your stay with us. Unfortunately, being a historic building our hands were tied in regards to the building structure, but the atmosphere of the rooftop lounge and being 11 floors up, more than makes up for it. Ave, our Kimpton desginer, really did an amazing job with this hotel.

Cheers,
u.s.
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Another top notch Kimpton property located in the heart of. Independent Square. Great staff. Unique dining. Valet parking. Rooms are clean, comfortable and well stocked. Online last minute rates available.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank vito711
Thanks for the love Vito! Come back and visit us soon!

Safe travels,
NIck
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Took my 13 year old to Philadelphia for a birthday trip and we could not have asked for a better place to stay. She loved being able to see Independence Hall from our window. I loved the quiet and comfort of our room. Best part of the trip for my daughter was finding a surprise piece of chocolate birthday cake in our room after being out touring (arranged by the concierge unbeknownst to me). The staff was friendly from the front door to the housekeeping staff. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Great views on Park side rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi James,

Sounds like you and your daughter had an awesome weekend. Thank you for letting our team be part of the memory!

Best Wishes!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I doubt we'd stay here for $300+ a night, but a Kimpton In Touch deal turned up and was terrific value for money. The decor of the hotel is so over the top you have to either consent or dissociate. I did a bit of both. Our room on the 9th floor was gorgeous: large, sumptuous, lovely bed and appointments, appealing view. We didn't eat at Red Owl Tavern (mixed online reviews) and it's not super easy to eat around here unless you go down to Chestnut and 7th. We ate at four restaurants around there, all good in their own way; best meal goes to Chifa. The Bourse would have been good for food during the day. It's great to be close to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall etc. Staff were cordial, helpful when I locked myself out of my room, nothing was a trouble. There's a really nice feeling to this place.

Hey Melissa!

Thanks for the great review. I'll see what I can do about keeping those InTouch specials alive!

Cheers,