“Beauty, Fab, Oh My!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Beauty, Fab, Oh My!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

First off, I love Kimpton Hotels. I am very disappointed when I must go someplace and there is not a Kimpton Hotel. Hint Hint - Montreal, Canada.

My stay at the Monaco was the best. Rashid provided me that best service and an amazing tip - Check out the rooftop lounge early, because it really gets busy. I live for this hotel and the staff. It has to be one of the best I've stayed in so far. The living room is beautiful and big. The rooms are beautiful colors, with bathrooms with amazingly large showers and great water pressure. I loved all the mirrors throughout the hotel. The rooftop lounge, I wish we had this in DC, was crazy fab - the vapor room was my favorite. I am not a big meat eater but still really enjoyed the food at Red Owl Tavern, the hotel's restaurant. I will certainly make it a point to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a King room and it was an ok size, which is expected for staying in the city. I was on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks Cocogold!!

WOW 5 stars thank you so much. You rock!! I am so excited to read about how much you love Kimpton and the Monaco. Roshid is an amazing person and truly is an asset to the team, I will be sure to thank him personally.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Maybe someday there will be a Kimpton in Montreal AY?

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Turkish first
Amman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I am an avid fan of Kimpton hotels. The Hotel Monaco is a beautiful new property in a great location. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are lovely and spacious and the whole place is a stone's throw from the liberty bell in the historic Old City neighborhood. There are tons of great restaurants within walking distance. Having tried several hotels in Philly, this one was the best. Will definitely stay here again in the future and would easily recommend to others.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hey Katiegirl77!

Wonderful experience for a wonderful guest! Sounds like the perfect match to me.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the kind comments.

Come back and see us again soon.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful 5-day stay at the Monaco in Philadelphia. From check-in to check-out, our stay was fabulous. We brought our dog and were given a 2nd floor pet-friendly room with a view of Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell building (you can't see the bell inside). Even though we were only the 2nd floor, we could not hear the traffic below. The housekeeping staff were awesome and loved our dog.
We started most mornings at the Red Owl Tavern in the hotel or one block over at the Cosi and ended each day at wine hour (well, my husband would sit in the Red Owl and I would go to wine hour). It is nice to talk with different people every day.
Getting around the hotel was easy as there were plenty of elevators. The gym on the 2nd floor was well-equipped, clean, and modern - it felt like a real fitness center.
My husband and I both used the free Wi-Fi (as In-Touch members) everyday. The connection was fast and easy to connect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to enjoy Philly's historic sites.

Room Tip: Low floor did not have traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kwbts124,

Sounds like you, your husband, and 4 legged friend had a grand ole time! Thank you for the wonderful comments.

We miss you guys already!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband stayed here recently for one night as a mini getaway. We could not have been happier! The hotel staff was amazing. All we had to do was look a little confused and there was a staff member there to give instant answers. The decor was eclectic and fun, including the rooms. Don't miss the wine happy hour either. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Awwww thanks Chris B!

We love you guys too! Perhaps it was love at first sight? I am thrilled that you had such a great experience! The team here is so passionate about serving our guests and it truly shows when we hear stories like yours.

Can’t wait to welcome you guys back!

USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed for two nights with my two children on a mini-vacation. Great decor, free coffee in the a.m., free wine in the evening. My daughter deemed the bed "a cloud" and actually looked forward to curling up and going to sleep each night. My son has disabilities, and the staff made sure we had everything we needed during our stay, even the USA Today outside our door each morning as he requested. Special thanks to T and Roshid; they went the extra mile to make us feel welcome. I will be recommending the Monaco to our out-of-town guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Independence Hall.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Boxcarmillie!!

I am so happy to see you and kids enjoyed your trip and we made you feel comfortable. T and Roshid are certainly rock stars and I will be sure to give them a couple high fives for providing such wonderful service and going the extra mile.

Come back soon!

Director of High Fives
Islamorada, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Monaco in December during my first adventure to Philadelphia. First, I think one should always stay at a Kimpton property when exploring a new city, as their hotels have a way of capturing the energy and spirit of the city they reside and the fun of travel. I really like this hotel. The guestrooms are nicely decorated with most every imaginable amenity. Beds are super comfortable. Red Owl was great for breakfast and to enjoy an afternoon pint, while looking across to Independence Hall. Door staff were very friendly and enjoyable to chat with. Don't hesitate to stay here if you want to enjoy the best of Philadelphia.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi WISH_U_WERE_HERE305,

Wow thank you so much for the award of Best of Philly!! Greatly appreciate all the wonderful comments about the hotel and team and happy to see you enjoyed your time with us.

Don’t be a stranger and come see us again soon!

Director of Best of Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Exceptional service, excellent location and unique, upbeat decor set the Hotel Monaco apart. We were upgraded before we checked in and notified via email. Nasser at the front desk took great care of us as did the bellmen. My kids loved having a pet goldfish during their stay curtesy of the Monaco. The beds are very comfortable and well appointed and the rooms and bathrooms are spacious with all the amenities. Best of all, the hotel is right across the street from the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.

This is very special hotel that we won't soon forget. It was our first stay at a Kimpton, but it won't be our last.

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks RobertAlonso!

Who likes coach anyways?! Every guest gets first class with us. Happy to see you and the fam had such a great time with us and we can’t wait to have you back.