Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
$271
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$156
$220
$199
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$196
$143
$148
$139
$179
$189
Travelocity
2,877 results
All reviewsthe red owl tavernrooftop barindependence hallliberty bellalice in wonderlandwine hourstratus loungeold cityacross the streetpark viewsoaking tubyoga matcomplimentary winewedding weekendbeautiful hotelmini barhistoric district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Recently stayed for 3 nights, total of 5 people in 3 rooms. All 5 of us, different ages, tastes, pickyness etc, thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and it would be the hotel of choice for us in Philly. As outlined again and again in every review, the Hotel is beautifully and expensively decorated. As it is new, everything is in tip-top shape, and it’s also obvious the cleaning staff does a very good job. Rooms are comfortably appointed. The beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms are nice – the water spilling from the shower was not an issue for me, neither was low water pressure.
The windows in non-park view rooms are tiny and make the room seem very dark and small, if natural light is important to you-upgrade. I also found the thumping bass from the rooftop bar - 4 floors above- interfered with my sleep two nights in a row. We also had issues with check-in (not getting into our rooms until 5:45pm on a Thursday..), misplaced luggage, slow luggage delivery, mis-charges from the minibar etc. All things that can be worked out in the first few months of opening I suppose.
Best parts about the hotel: Beautiful rooms, clean and quiet, comfortable beds, amazing location (could see Liberty Bell from my room), fantastic staff (everyone was so helpful and friendly), good room rates, and little things like Happy Hour from 5-6 and coffee and tea in the morning contribute surprisingly well to enjoying the hotel and the people staying in it – I’ve never hung out in a hotel lobby purposefully before, and I was very surprised that I actually ended up getting to know people – in a hotel!
If I come back to Philly, I will most definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hotel Monaco provided a peaceful respite convenient for on-off freeway on my trip. The staff went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable (late night arrival / early departure) and had everything I needed to get a good night's sleep and be on my way the next day. Kudos to Bellman (Brad?) for his attentiveness around getting my car as quickly as possible in order to get me on my way.

Will absolutely return! Love Kimpton properties!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thanks TXWORLDTRAVEL!!!

Happy you chose to stay with us during your trip. I will be sure to thank Brad for providing exceptional service and anticipating your needs.

Don’t be a stranger and come back!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had not stayed in a Monaco for some time and this one really knocks it out of the park on several fronts. The decor is wacky, wild and wonderful. You'd never want this in your house but for a couple of days, it's just fun. It's not traditional, colonial American that's for sure. The location is awesome. Staff were very attentive and helpful on every front.

Did have problems twice with their new key system, which was a little annoying (having to go back down to the front desk to get a key that actually worked for the elevator or the room).

The restaurant has so much potential but of the dinner and the breakfast we had there, only the pork chop was memorable and a few things like the breakfast potatoes and pickled vegetables need to be completely rethought (read: barely edible).

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Herculepoirot,

Thank you so much for staying with us! Happy to hear this Monaco knocked it out of the park.

Certainly is a beautiful property with an outstanding team. I greatly appreciate the feedback about Red Owl and will share your review with them.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Kimpton hotels are always fun and stylish and this one was no exception. The oversized patterns, bright colors and touches of whimsy subtly evoke Alice in Wonderland, and lo... there was a copy of the Lewis Carroll classic in my room. The rooms are a riot of bold wallpaper and carpet and bright lacquered colors. It might not be what I choose at home, but for a hotel stay it was fun and it worked. At the same time, everything is comfortable - plush bed, luxurious walk-in shower, good temperature control. The complimentary evening wine hour and morning beverages (and good newspaper selection!) are nice touches. We enjoyed a good and timely room service dinner from the Red Owl Tavern. We also checked out the rooftop bar/lounge, Stratus. What a cool space! Definitely worth a return, especially in warmer weather. The sunny restaurant looked very pleasant, and I regretted not being able to sit and enjoy breakfast there. If you are a member of Kimpton InTouch (just sign up), you get not only free wifi (and really, it irks me that all hotels don't offer this), but also a $10 credit towards the minibar/fridge selections. Talk about a kid in a candy store!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks Elyn!!

So happy to see you had some fun during your stay! Thanks for the 5 stars!

We can’t wait to welcome you back.

See you soon.

Director of Fun

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We made a last minute decision to go to Philly and scrambled to make a hotel reservation. After reading reviews on tripadvisor, we booked with Hotel Monaco. With no expectation, we arrived at Hotel Monaco to be pleasantly surprised by the quaint and beautiful style. We were informed that the property was opened in October 2012 after 2 years renovation. There are some parts of the hotel that are still undergoing works but guests are not inconvenienced in any way.

The front desk is not conspicuous when you first entered the hotel. We had the door man guiding us into the room where it is located. The staff was on the phone and we had to wait for several minutes before he ended his business on the line. However, he gave his full attention in assisting us with our check in. He upgraded us to a room with a nice Park view (though he couldn't give us a room with a King size bed) and also help us to get tickets to Barnes Foundation.

The room amenities provided by the hotel are impressive. There is a list of complimentary items that you can ask at the front desk, e.g., tooth brush and tooth paste, cell phone/computer chargers, humidifier, USB connect cords to fashion tape, dental floss, curling & straightening irons and etc. There is also complimentary wine hour at 5pm every evening in the lobby. The fitness centre is well equipped so you can get some exercise indoors during wintry weather.

However, housekeeping department seriously needs improvement. The housekeeper knocked down my facial toner and the contents seeped through the name card and the ink stained the table. I reported that to the front desk. The staff was concerned if I had enough toner for the rest of the trip and offered to get me more. That's great customer service recovery.

After all, it was a great experience. I hope that the hotel would keep up with the service standards as it is in a good and safe location. Not only it is walking distance to most places, it is also close to the Amtrak station on 30th St. If you are near the Independant Mall, just pop into the hotel for a peep and have a nice meal/drink at the Red Tavern!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trinnybloo,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to tell us about your experience! I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. However, I did see that there was a challenge with the housekeeping and will be sure to follow up with team. Happy that the front desk offered to replace the toner.

Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best,