“Fabulous Rooms, Wonderful Location”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Recently opened, the Hotel Monaco in Philadelphia offers well-appointed rooms, wonderful service and a location that can't be beat - just across the street from Independence Hall. Rooms have a vet modern feel. The wine service in the lobby/lounge is a nice touch. The restaurant offers an array of delicious food. The cocktail bar on the roof is a great place to hang out. Besides being near Independence Hall, the hotel is just steps away from the Liberty Bell Pavilion and tons of restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank 2malamutes
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you 2malamutes!!

Happy to see you had a wonderful time while in the City of Brotherly Love!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We love staying with Kimpton, and their new Philadelphia location is amazing. We always expect great service (personal, friendly, knowledgeable), Kimpton design is always intriguing, and this is true her, BUT this location is the truly amazing feature. Walk thru the eclectic and fun lobby, out the front door,and you are IN the middle of Philly history. Constitution Hall is on the corner, The Liberty Bell Center across the way, and the amazing National Constitution Center a block off. We also visited the USMint and Federal Reserve Bank. Loved our February getaway with the family.

Our suite overlooked Independence Plaza, the deepJapanese soaking tub was a real treat, the room design inspired me to tackle a few things at home. We ate two meals in the Red Owl Tavern, breakfast was delicious, healthy and vacation paced.

We didn't bring our dog on this trip, but she would have been welcome at Kimpton, and the location would make it easy to walk her, get out and yet check back frequently.

We'll stay here again when we go to Philly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FunMom12
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thanks FunMom12!!

Happy to hear you enjoyed everything about the hotel and restaurant!

Hopefully on the next trip you can bring your 4 legged friend, we love all guests!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for business. Wish it were for vacation. The hotel is stunning and meticulously maintained. Staff were on the ball and super helpful. The business center printing function was not working but they had me email my documents and they were waiting for me at the front desk when I checked out. Had dinner at the Red Owl Tavern - more more than I expected - great meal. My room was very spacious - also not what I was expecting. What a great surprise staying here. Even their morning coffee service (normally not something you'd write about) had an added element of comfortable and style. Love this place. Will always try to stay here if I can while traveling for business. It's a great escape from the ordinary.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ncdvl

Hey Ncdevil94!

Happy to hear you enjoyed your trip with us! I greatly appreciate all your kind comments about the team and the hotel.

We can’t wait to see you again.

Best,

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Warm, down to earth, caring staff. Hip and fun design. Great comfortable feel in the restaurant. Everything was spot on throughout my stay. From KC and Brian at to desk to Thomas "T" at front door and Brad who helped upon departure - all made the trip memorable in their own way. They really made it a unique experience you wouldn't get anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms are either interior or exterior, interior have spa baths, exterior have views and glass enclos...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank abfabtom

Thanks Abfabtom!!

I am so happy to see you had a great time with us! Casey, Brad, Brian, and T are all rock stars and I will be sure that they get a couple high fives from me for providing wonderful service.

Don’t be a stranger and come see us again soon!

Director of High Fives

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Monaco on a recent visit to Philadelphia and I was so impressed! The staff is wonderful..everyone is helpful and always smiling. Best location..right in the heart of Independence Hall National Historical Park.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much Foyia!

Best hotel experience for the best guest sounds like a pretty good fit to me!!

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were in Philly with our toddler and decided to stay here because of all the good reviews. Overall, we were so pleased with this hotel. Fabulous location and the staff was extraordinary. We adored the room and so did our son...so fresh, clean, bright and unique. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was great and also reasonably priced. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the hotel alarm twice after midnight one night and once the next morning. Although this was not the fault of the hotel, it was very inconvenient to take our two year old out of bed and downstairs twice at that time of night. It was also confusing...after the on duty manager came on saying it was "all clear" the alarm went off again. People, children and dogs were in the stairway and hallways confused as some were saying they were told it "was nothing." Perhaps the way that was handled could be looked at for the future. When I checked out, I mentioned my dissapointment and was immediately taken care of in an appropriate way. The staff seemed genuine and sincere in their apology and I would not hesitate in coming back based on this interaction, even though that one experience was inconveninent and annoying. The room, the staff and the restaurant made up for that one experience which says a lot. I would agree with the one previous post, though, about the shower...it was one of those half doors that don't close and water does get everywhere. Overall, we were impressed and we would return.

Room Tip: If you have a small child that needs a bath, ensure you get a room with a tub. I didn't think of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear CK1025,

I am happy to see that overall you had a wonderful experience with us! I appreciate the feedback on the fire alarm and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Our highest priority is the safety and security of our guests and employees and although the alarm was a non emergency we always have to treat each one as if it was a true emergency.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here for a romantic night out and it was wonderful. We booked directly through the hotel, and asked for a room upgrade if available for a few dollars more. We wound up in a corner suite overlooking Independence Park. The room was beautiful! We went out to dinner, but in retrospect I wish we had just stayed there all night. The staff were all very accommodating. For location and comfort, I don't think the place could be beat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Paper Owl!!

We greatly appreciate the feedback and for staying with us.

Come back and visit us again soon!

Best,