“Surprise!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great new clean hotel. Hip vibe and great design. Service was tremendous and so was the room. Beautiful shower, sitting room and views of the liberty bell from my windows. This has to be the nicest hotel in Philladelphia.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank drgmBoston
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Drgmboston,

WOW! The nicest hotel in Philadelphia, Thank you! Happy to see you had a wonderful visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

VP of the Nicest Hotel in Philadelphia

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Monaco 11/9-11/10 for a "sister's bonding weekend". The hotel is funky and modern. You can see the attention to detail in every design. The staff is so friendly and welcoming. "T" must stand for The man that does everything. He welcomed us to the hotel, opened doors, took our bags up to the room, explained the lay out of the hotel and directed us downstairs for the wine hour. He is truly an outstanding employee that makes your stay memorable. I will definitely return!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!!

Dear Vanntastic,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Happy to see you had the chance to meet T and had a great visit. T is rocking and rolling on trip advisor, this is his 3rd mention within the week!

Can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco over the Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel exceeded our expectations! The location can not be beat for touring the historic area. In addition, the rooms were beautifully furnished and the beds were extremely comfortable. We are all light sleepers and found the hotel very quiet. The housekeeping staff was very attentive. One day, my daughter received a note from the housekeeping staff about a book she was reading. She hope my daughter enjoyed the book as much as she had. Room Service was delicious and very well price compared to other hotels. We hope to return to the Hotel Monaco!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Sean F, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Hello MHS-4,

Thank you for a fabulous review and for staying with us! That is wonderful to hear about the room attendant that wrote your daughter a lovely note.

I will be sure to share with the team and thank them for creating such a wonderful experience.

Come back soon!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

When we pulled up we were welcomed immediately by T who set the tone for an enjoyable three day weekend. Each staff member contributed to our feeling comfortable and special. We enjoyed the nightly wine reception the excellent food in the restaurant and the amazing location. This is truly an exceptional hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Smarcy2

Hi Smarcy2,

Wow that’s 2 in a row for T and his exceptional service. I will be sure to give him praise; in fact I think we may just promote him to Hotel Manager. Happy to see you guys had a wonderful trip and can’t wait to welcome you back.

Director of Stepping Down as Hotel Manager and Promoting T to Take Over

Reviewed November 25, 2012

As soon as the doorman, named simply T, greeted our cab, I knew we were going to like this place. He ran over to my street facing side of the taxi and said "no one has to slide over on my watch" and held my arm as I de-cabbed. He made us stop at a pole covered in rope and rub our hands on it "for wealth and good fortune." He announced us to the receptionist as if we were VIPS. Throughout our trip he was a friendly face and a helping hand. Oh, by the way, the hotel is lovely; the rooms charmingand comfortable; the service gracious and efficient; the location convenient to many attractions; the work out room huge;, the complimentary wine from 5-6 a welcome treat; the restaurant, the Red Owl, truly excellent(chicken pot pie is amazing); the roof top lounge, Stratis, elegant and relaxing; and the free wifi and $10 credit for the mini-bar just for joining the Kimpton club, two nice lagniappes, But it is because of T that we will return to the Monaco the next time we visit Philly.

1  Thank Janet11238

Dear Janet11238,

I must say I am not surprised to read about how fantastic T was and the service he provided you guys. He truly does have service down to a T!!

Come see us and T again!

Regional Vice President of Service Down to a T

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Relaxing time in this beautiful hotel. The Monaco sits conveniently in the Historic District. It is literally a very brief walk to Independence Hall. Staff is well trained in the art of customer service. The rooms are decorated in Parisian style. Beds are fantastic. Best of all they are pet friendly with no size limit on your pet. Would highly recommend this for anyone. Of note, I did not have children with me, but I did notice that the staff welcomes children by greeting them with a wagon full of goodies.

1  Thank 601Kim

Dear 601kim,

Wow what a great review! Thank you so much for sharing, we love all guests whether they have 2 legs or 4.

Can’t wait to see you guys again!

Director of Pet Relations

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I cannot say enough about the Monaco, the corner room has great views from both set of windows, the bed was large and comfy and what can I say about the wading tub other than it was heavenly. The entire staff was not only gracious but very knowledgeable about the area. We hate to leave and will be back

Room Tip: room 602, I don't think they could have one better as far as I am concerned
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello tcobb31408,

We hate that you left us too! Thank you so much for a wonderful review, the 02 rooms is also my favorite in the hotel. Can’t beat the size and the view!

Don’t be a stranger and come see us again soon!

Regional Director of Heavenly Tubs