“Exquisite”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am a regular at the Palomar in Philadelphia, but by way of a change of scene stayed here for a night. I wish I could have stayed longer, the room was beautifully decorated and well equipped, with all the typical Kimpton touches - warm 'slippers', dressing gown and iPod dock to play internet radio from back home. Breakfast was great in the rustic restaurant and the roof top bar was terrific, It was also great to catch up with Brad - who had been doorman at the Palomar previously and always makes me feel like I am home (from home :) ) Great job Kimpton!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Sidslammer,

Thanks for staying and giving us a shot! Happy to see you liked it here. Now the real question, did you like it more than the Palomar? Just kidding you don’t have to answer that! Brad is fantastic and truly a great asset to the team. Happy you had the chance to catch up with him.

See you on your next trip!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friends and I made a very last minute booking, and the staff could not have been nicer. Despite the chaos of families and pets from the storm and resulting power outage that week, Kristen, along with Casey and a couple of other colleagues at the Front Desk, were exceptional with checking us in, making us comfortable by attending to any special needs, and advising us about what Philly has to offer. The decor of the room and the lobby was some of the most well-done I've seen from a hotel in a long time. Grabbing a drink on the rooftop bar is an absolute must. This property and its wonderful staff totally made our stay in Philly - we could not have had a more wonderful experience!

Hi Mina A,

That’s fantastic to hear about your wonderful experience. We have a really cool staff here and nothing can shake them, from having so many pets here as if it was Noah's Ark, to hurricanes, and power outages! Kristin and Casey are both rock stars and i will be sure to remind them of that and thank them.

Hope to see you again soon.

Regional Director of Best Employees Ever

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I came down from Toronto, ON Canada for a family wedding. We picked the Monaco because of its location, right in the city centre, close to the historic area, close to the wedding venue but also because we had never experienced a Kimpton hotel experience. Verdict: Wonderful all around...starting with the staff, the room, attention to detail, cleanliness, attentiveness, quality of products (linens, towels, etc.) unique decor. Well done Kimpton group!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank web34

Dear Web34,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear your experience was fabulous! Next time we hope you can stay longer too.

Don’t be a stranger!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girlfriends told me we were getting a hotel in the city for my bachelorette party, and I expected the usual standard hotel with muted colors etc. Instead they surprised me with a booking at the newest hotel in the city, Hotel Monaco. The location is right in the center of the historic district. We could see the Constitution Center and the Liberty Bell Pavillion from our room. The hotel itself is spectacular. The decor is bold and bright and so chic. Everyone from the valet, to the bellhop to the floor maids made us feel welcomed and made sure we had everything we needed.

We arrived around 5pm in the middle of a complimentary Wine Hour - show your room key - get a glass of wine. We didn't partake, but I thought it was a nice gesture.

Our rooms were clean, and beautifully decorated. None of us have ever stayed at such a wonderful place in our lives, and many of us have traveled around the globe.

The hotel also has a rooftop bar with a spectaular view of the city skyline. The bar is so warm and inviting and you have the option of sitting under the cover of the roof or out under the stars. I was really impressed with my whole experience, and staying here really made my bachelorette special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank peeps225

Hi Peeps225,

I think it’s fair to say congratulations are in order on your upcoming wedding! Happy that your girlfriends picked us to celebrate. Thank you for all the wonderful comments!

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend for my Birthday. This is by far the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in!!! I have stayed in 4 and 5 star Hotels but this Hotel is a 6. I Love the Decor and the Staff are so professional yet very friendly !!I ate at the Red Owl on the premises, the food was Exellent !! The server Chris was such a pleasure to have as our server. Chris was polite and very informative about area attractions and on the money with his service!! I must tell you he went out of his way to ask other servers to compile a list of attractions in the city that would be the most fun and interesting to us and then Chris had it sent to our room. I love the thought behind it and it truly made my Birthday . Also, James the doorman was a real sweetheart. James held the elevator door while I went for Ice and he was very helpful with my luggage and any other need. Brian at the front desk was just as wonderful with all the information he provided to us for our stay. This truly is well thought out for every detail to make your stay a pleasant one. The rooms are Beautiful with fantastic views and the Beds are soooo comfortable!!! I left the day Sandy was going to hit and the staff was still very organized and helpful even though Philidelphia was declared in state of Emergency. The only negitive thing was the Barmaid on the rooftop bar. 20 min waiting for a drink and walked pass us three times and asked others what they were drinking and then made us a drink when we asked for beer. The barback had to get her attention for us and then she rolled her eyes when she had to serve us. I will be back soon and I am taking my family for a weekend because I really enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Higher floors they have great views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hey Chris P,

That’s what I am talking about, thank you for the 6 star rating and Happy Belated Bday!! I am happy to read about all the employees going above and beyond especially Chris and James. I will share your review with them and thank them for a great job. I was sorry to read about your experience on the rooftop and will address that personally.

Can’t wait to welcome you back!

Best,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Beautiful rooms and the rooftop bar is gorgeous! Perfect location for site seeing or just eating and bar hopping. Rasheed was the best bellhop trying to help 10 girls find all their bags that we had stored to go get breakfast after checkout. T was great also extremely friendly and helpful. Great experience!!!

2  Thank Arielle110

Dear Arielle110,

Happy to hear you all had a great time! Roshid and T are killing it with customer service and I truly love hearing the feedback. I will be sure to share your review with them and the team. Thank you for the great comments.

Hope to see you again soon for the next Hen Reunion!

Chicken Coop Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We are Kimpton inner circle members which means we have spent more nights than we can count in Kimpton hotels.
This hotel is their crown jewel,in my opinion.
It is obvious that thought was given to every detail.... from the decor to light placement.....fabulous.
The building is amazing and (incidentally was my husbands office building at one time), the setting couldn't be better. Our country's history AND great, energetic restaurants galleries and shops all at the front door....what could be more fun?
I've saved the best for last.
We have never stayed at a hotel that had a more attentive, lovely staff. Never!
They could give the Four Seasons some pointers and up until our stay they had been our standard bearer for service.

Kdks99,

Wow how cool is that, this hotel was once where your husband’s office was located! Thank you for being so loyal to Kimpton and for staying with us. Happy to see you had as close to perfect visit as possible.

Come back and visit us again soon!

VP of Giving Four Seasons Pointers