“A True Gem !!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Middletown, New York
“A True Gem !!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for the weekend for my Birthday. This is by far the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in!!! I have stayed in 4 and 5 star Hotels but this Hotel is a 6. I Love the Decor and the Staff are so professional yet very friendly !!I ate at the Red Owl on the premises, the food was Exellent !! The server Chris was such a pleasure to have as our server. Chris was polite and very informative about area attractions and on the money with his service!! I must tell you he went out of his way to ask other servers to compile a list of attractions in the city that would be the most fun and interesting to us and then Chris had it sent to our room. I love the thought behind it and it truly made my Birthday . Also, James the doorman was a real sweetheart. James held the elevator door while I went for Ice and he was very helpful with my luggage and any other need. Brian at the front desk was just as wonderful with all the information he provided to us for our stay. This truly is well thought out for every detail to make your stay a pleasant one. The rooms are Beautiful with fantastic views and the Beds are soooo comfortable!!! I left the day Sandy was going to hit and the staff was still very organized and helpful even though Philidelphia was declared in state of Emergency. The only negitive thing was the Barmaid on the rooftop bar. 20 min waiting for a drink and walked pass us three times and asked others what they were drinking and then made us a drink when we asked for beer. The barback had to get her attention for us and then she rolled her eyes when she had to serve us. I will be back soon and I am taking my family for a weekend because I really enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Higher floors they have great views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Hey Chris P,

That’s what I am talking about, thank you for the 6 star rating and Happy Belated Bday!! I am happy to read about all the employees going above and beyond especially Chris and James. I will share your review with them and thank them for a great job. I was sorry to read about your experience on the rooftop and will address that personally.

Can’t wait to welcome you back!

Best,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Turkish first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Beautiful rooms and the rooftop bar is gorgeous! Perfect location for site seeing or just eating and bar hopping. Rasheed was the best bellhop trying to help 10 girls find all their bags that we had stored to go get breakfast after checkout. T was great also extremely friendly and helpful. Great experience!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Arielle110
Dear Arielle110,

Happy to hear you all had a great time! Roshid and T are killing it with customer service and I truly love hearing the feedback. I will be sure to share your review with them and the team. Thank you for the great comments.

Hope to see you again soon for the next Hen Reunion!

Chicken Coop Manager
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We are Kimpton inner circle members which means we have spent more nights than we can count in Kimpton hotels.
This hotel is their crown jewel,in my opinion.
It is obvious that thought was given to every detail.... from the decor to light placement.....fabulous.
The building is amazing and (incidentally was my husbands office building at one time), the setting couldn't be better. Our country's history AND great, energetic restaurants galleries and shops all at the front door....what could be more fun?
I've saved the best for last.
We have never stayed at a hotel that had a more attentive, lovely staff. Never!
They could give the Four Seasons some pointers and up until our stay they had been our standard bearer for service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kdks99,

Wow how cool is that, this hotel was once where your husband’s office was located! Thank you for being so loyal to Kimpton and for staying with us. Happy to see you had as close to perfect visit as possible.

Come back and visit us again soon!

VP of Giving Four Seasons Pointers
Sea Isle City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family was recently evacuated from our home on the Jersey shore because of Hurricane Sandy. Nevertheless, this unfortunate circumstance was substantially lessened by our stay at the brand new Monaco Hotel in Philadelphia. The building and decor of the hotel is just beautiful, but the shining star of the facility is the staff. In all of our travels, we have never met a more helpful, friendly and accomodating group. Rest assured that we have become a loyal customer of the Monaco Hotel, and we are looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Susan W,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstances that Hurricane Sandy caused to you and your family. However, I am very happy to see that your stay here was a superior one and that the staff was so friendly and helpful!

We look forward to your return under better circumstances in the future!

Santa Fe, NM

THE GREAT
1. Literally steps away from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell - the location can't be beat!
2. The bellmen/valet: Sean, T and James could not have been friendlier or more helpful.
3. Front desk: Very kid-friendly, professional and service oriented.
4. Concierge: Brian was very knowledgable and helpful. Thanks.
5. Coffee service/wine hour: Impressed! Generous wine pours and nice to have soy milk without having to ask.
6. Room: New to Inner Circle - upgraded to corner suite. Wonderful views, well furnished, beautiful large bathroom with nice toiletries. Amenity exactly as in profile.
7. Fitness ctr: Well equipped including brand new Concept II rower.
8. Business ctr: Adequate but fee for use except boarding passes.
9. Food/beverage: Stratus Rooftop-lively crowd, creative drinks, friendly bartenders. Red Owl Tavern for breakfast was busy but we had efficient service with a smile.
THE MISSES
1. No linens for the pull-out couch was not a problem. The 3 phone calls late at night, more than hour-long wait and a trip to the front desk was!
2. No daily maid service despite indicating service requested. (I can't remember the last time that's occurred at any hotel.) Once requested, it was still more than an hour.

We were told to expect to hear from the management. It's been almost 2 weeks so I'm assuming it's not going to happen.

We'd definitely go back and highly recommend this hotel. Hopefully these issues are limited to housekeeping and only represent a few kinks that need to be worked out at this new property.

Dear Blueskynm,

Thank you for staying with us and being a loyal guest to Kimpton. Happy to see there were many areas of your stay that were great and disheartened to see the areas we didn’t live up to. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay, would you be so kind to contact me directly? Either by email at sean.flanigan@hotelmonaco.com or 267-386-9462.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here while Hurricane Sandy was passing through. Hotel is beautiful, the room was fantastic, the staff were awesome - special thanks to John at the front desk, games were brought out at wine time (5pm) and the staff in the Red Owl Tavern were great also. If we were going to hole up longer, we would have stayed there. Also, the gym was better than average with a good selection of cardio machines, and some Precor machines (including stretching "thingee" and cable tower) along with free weights, bosu balls and regular exercise balls. Thanks for taking care of us!

Also, this was our fourth Kimpton and third Hotel Monaco stay - not to take away from the others, but this was by far the best Kimpton experience.

Eelnoj,

WOW! What a great review! Thank you so much for staying with us and for the fantastic comments. I will be sure to give John praise for going above and beyond.

Come visit us again real soon!

Director of Best Kimpton Experience
Sea Isle City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed for four nights earlier this week at the Monaco Hotel in Philadelphia. The hotel is wonderful - the hip decor, the very comfortable rooms, the complimentary coffee in the morning, and the complimentary wine hour in the afternoon.

But the biggest reason that I write this review is to tell you about the wonderful staff. I have traveled extensively and I have never experienced such a genuinely friendly and helpful staff. We were evacuated from the Jersey Shore for Hurricane Sandy and they could not have been more accommodating.

We will be a returning customer for sure....next time under better circumstances!

Dear Sue W,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you were evacuated from your home due to Sandy. However, I ‘m very happy to see you had a wonderful experience with us given the circumstances. I will be sure to thank the team for providing great service.

Look forward to welcoming you back!

Best,