“Outstanding Hotel with Service to Match”

Homewood Suites University City
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leo, United States
“Outstanding Hotel with Service to Match”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and Homewood Suites truly is as close to home as it comes when I am traveling for work. I cannot say enough good things about their staff either. Always very pleasant and helpful at every level.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Inn at Penn many times and decided to try out this relatively new and substantially less expensive hotel for my last two stays near Penn's campus. Overall, this hotel meets expectations and is good value, HOWEVER, when they built the hotel they cut corners on the in-room heating and cooling systems. On our first visit, there was no heating / cooling unit in the kitchen / living room area which made for a very uncomfortable night for our daughter sleeping in the pull-out bed. On my second stay on a warmish Spring day / night, I could not get the room to cool down below 75 degrees. At check-out the front desk manager confirmed that they have had many complaints. Especially as we head into summer, you should think twice about staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DJKDC
Paul D, General Manager at Homewood Suites University City, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear DJKDC,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that you’re A/C unit was not working properly. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you. I do thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew to fix this. Your business and satisfactions is extremely important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Service was great. Location is convenient to UPenn. Lobby is beautiful and room was modern and clean. The workout room and pool looked inviting, though I did not have a chance to use either. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Roocha P
Oregon, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel has many nice restaurants. Just make sure you head towards town and not away from town. The neighborhood not to far from the hotel is not the best. The hotel however is very nice, and very accommodating. The rooms are spacious and quite comfortable. I had a corner room, and the views were very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear YogaFoodFan,

Thank you for you review. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the view.

Ortonville, Michigan
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at Homewood Suites for 1 night in April while touring east coast colleges with our high school son. Its location couldn't have been better for us. Close to subway station for a quick trip into Philadelphia to visit a few tourist spots. Breakfast was really good. I wish we would have arrived early enough to enjoy the evening light meal. We had a parking package and that was a major help. We were able to visit Penn and Drexel within walking distance. I wish we would have had more than one night here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We got the hotel's address from CHOP where our child is a patient. I am pregnant and very exhausted ( have been to the ER last week myself) I was hoping for a quiet night. Unfortunately the hotel was packed with drunken guest yelling and screaming. I tried to ask the receptionist to switch me to ANY room where I can rest. After several minutes wait, which she was spending with a group of drunk guests where their friends might party she said the only room she can offer is on the same floor. At his point I felt staying on the pediatric floor with a window facing at the ER is more quit then Homewood Suites!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nelli k
Paul D, General Manager at Homewood Suites University City, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Nelli K,

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you and your family are in the area. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had.

United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Homestead Suites University City was among a group of hotels offered for booking for a recent conference (April 8-11). Upon finding I was shut-out of hotels closer to the Convention Center, I chose this property blindly because they still had rooms. The hotel was a pleasant surprise. The property is clean (it's almost a brand new hotel), the staff is courteous and the rooms are well-appointed. The hotel is located near the bustling UPenn campus with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. Travel is easy into Center City via the Market Street Subway and bus lines. The free breakfast was well-prepared and fresh. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I took a higher floor (the hotel is 11 stories high) out of fear for street noise. Since most of my...