Homewood Suites University City
$147
$198
$161
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$169
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkingbreakfast and dinnershuttle servicecomplimentary breakfaststreet parkinghome away from homean extended stayfull kitchenpull out sofaliving roomfree shuttlethird floorwalnut streetfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againfew blocksnice stay
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Found this property thru CHOP. Had to stay for 3 nights as I have 2 sick children who are treated at CHOP. Every person from valet, to front desk, to housekeeping were very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast and dinner were tasty and quite welcome before and after going to the hospital. The pool was an excellent distraction for my kids. The gym looked very nice but we didn't have time to try it.
Room was spacious, bed comfortable and kitchen great for snacks and preparing lunch. Having the separate room is helpful when the kids fell asleep early in the evening.
I thought the neighborhood was fine- there is a grocery store, Chipotle,Mc D's, CVS and a Starbucks a few blocks up. They have a shuttle to take you back and forth to the hospital.
The only complaint I have is the steep $39/night for parking....
We have to come to CHOP numerous times a year so we WILL be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank My4cats
Paul D, General Manager at Homewood Suites University City, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear My4cats,

Thank you for all of the positive comments about the staff, the food, the room and the pool. We look forward to your return to the hotel.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Usually spend many hours reviewing different choices. This time, no choice on account of Hurricane Sandy. Needed a place to stay where there was heat and power. Called up Hilton toll free and went with what they had. And lucked out with a superb property.
Hotel is new and of course what's not to love about new. Very nice pool/hot tub set up -- very airy, high ceiling, skylight. Warm indoor pool. Same with the gym. Breakfast was good -- on par with Hampton Inn style (I consider them the "gold standard" of free breakfast providers). Staff very friendly and helpful. Special shout out to Chris at the Front Desk -- exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Rooms are nice. Bed very comfy. The kitchenette set up is nicely done. Nice LCD TVs in the bedroom and living rooms.
Valet (no self parking) seemed a little pricely at $39/night -- maybe a little disrespectful of me to think that $39 is more of a New York / Boston / DC price level. Also 2 out of the 3 nights, only one valet attendant working so not particular fast -- he did try his best so not his fault.
Area is generally safe although on the outer ring of "safe to walk alone at night" and was advised not to walk to far up Walnut St from where we were at night. Certainly not unsafe, just wanted to point out it's not "Old City" safe for those unfamiliar to Philly which I was.
Was great intro to Homewood Suites brand and Philly on account of Sandy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear nyeze,

That you for your comments about your stay. We are glad that you chose our hotel and had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed there over the week end. Hotel is new and beautiful. Room furnishings and finishes are lovely. Beds very comfortable and staff very friendly. There is even street parking - no need to pay for valet! My only concern was that the front desk and valet are understaffed. The staff was friendly and helpful, but clearly overextended.

Will be staying there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aliza727

Dear aliza727,

Thank you for your psoitive review of your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your room and the hotel staff.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This newer Homewood is an excellent suite hotel in Philadelphia. The facility has used current "green" & up to date technology for its rooms. The beds are very comfortable which is important. Guests have use of an exercise room, pool and business center. The hotel provides a breakfast and midweek light suppers.The staff are great--capable, professional and certainly make guests feel welcome. The bonuses of this hotel include having the bus 21 from center city stop at the hotel entrance and the 21 bus is 1 block away for trips to center city and Philadelphia's fine attractions. The subway is 3 blocks away.One block away is the supermarket Fresh Grocer. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYTripper088

Dear NYTripper088,

We are glad that you enjoyed all that we have to offer at the hotel. Thank you for including the staff in the positives, they really make the difference.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very nice hotel I was told it was only 6 months old but with the current staff I can see this hotel being nice for a very long time. First expression is the best expression the shuttle driver picked me up from the train station held the door for me then loaded my bag into the van the drive was very pleasant. Arrive to the hotel and was met by valet who also held the door and unloaded my bag escorted me to the front desk which was located on the third floor I was then helped by a very pleasant and helpful front desk staff. The rooms are clean with a very home like feel and I was able get some rest before going back out. My only complaint was the transformation of service with the pm staff the front desk staff was not at the front desk I waited 5 minutes to request transportation. the shuttle driver was a younger guy who did not get out to open the door and had headphones in his ear the entire ride. the female valet seemed to be a big distraction to him as she stood by the driver side door talking to him as I got into the van. I would stay at this hotel again but I would take care of any business with the am staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Latitia R,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.