“great vegan food”

Ranked #25 of 4,631 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Facebook - Hipcityveg Phone - 1 (215) 278-7605
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are a vegetarian, a vegan, or just someone who doesn't need a piece of dead animal on your plate at every meal, this place is your fast-food (well pretty fast fast-food) standby. The food is delicious, sized approrpriately, and reasonably priced. Only a few crowded tables in their space, but you can walk a block over the Rittenhouse Square and eat hip food in a hip place. I haven't yet ordered something there that was not super tasty.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

the food wasn't anything special, but it was good and it was veggie, which is so nice to find in the middle of a city. we had the quinoa chili, filling and tasty; the veggie burger; and a couple of the green smoothie's that they have pre-made chugging around a clear-topped dispenser. as other people here have written, there are only 6-8 places to sit -- it really is like a veggie fast food restaurant. we would return.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Visited Philadelphia with husband, son and DIL. Son and DIL kept going on and one about Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, but then (with big grins) steered me into Hip City Veg. Very popular place with very limited seating, but by being quick we managed to score a tiny table.
Sandwiches, soup, salads, etc. and most people were taking it out. Husband and I get two more salads for supper in hotel room while son and DIL grazed through the music scene in the evening.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I say inexpensive because we also are blessed to have Vedge which is more expensive vegan option where the owner worked previously. Have had the mock chicken ranch burger which I have had several time. Everything looks delicious. Only complaint other than the tiny area for sitting is that there is way too much salt used. Try the banana whip with chocolate chips for a decadent end to your meal, but make sure to share. After a ranch burger, I can eat almost half. It's enormous.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I tried this place last night because I was super hungry and not in the mood to prepare food. I ordered the ziggy burger, which was actually delicious. The only reason I wouldn't give this place 5 stars is because of the prices. I paid almost 10 dollars for a burger with no fries or drink...pretty pricey for a fast food joint.

1  Thank ShovalD