“Delicious "Inexpensive" vegan option”
Review of HipCityVeg

HipCityVeg
Ranked #26 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Facebook - Hipcityveg Phone - 1 (215) 278-7605
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I say inexpensive because we also are blessed to have Vedge which is more expensive vegan option where the owner worked previously. Have had the mock chicken ranch burger which I have had several time. Everything looks delicious. Only complaint other than the tiny area for sitting is that there is way too much salt used. Try the banana whip with chocolate chips for a decadent end to your meal, but make sure to share. After a ranch burger, I can eat almost half. It's enormous.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I tried this place last night because I was super hungry and not in the mood to prepare food. I ordered the ziggy burger, which was actually delicious. The only reason I wouldn't give this place 5 stars is because of the prices. I paid almost 10 dollars for a burger with no fries or drink...pretty pricey for a fast food joint.

1  Thank ShovalD
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Healthy option if you want something fast and honest food. All recyclable waste.

Groothie is a organic spinach / organic apple / banana / orange smoothie that looks very green and healthy.

No restroom available.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hip City Veg is a very well run place. The line was quite long when we arrived, but they worked through it efficiently and with a friendly face. That said...the food was pretty average. We had the Udon Noodle Salad and the the Curry Tofu Wrap. It was good, but certainly not worth seeking out. If you are are near it, certainly stop by, but don't go out of your way to find it. Too many other great (and less advertised) places to visit. Just to name a few other vegetarian places that are at least as good and not nearly so crowded: Su Xing House, Mama's Vegetarian, and Vegetate. This shouldn't be in the top 20 on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very disappointed. Went in with great hopes. Thought I'd stick the first time with the basic veg burger, figuring they'd try to wow by doing very well what should be a classic dish. Nope. Tasted exactly like a microwaved Boca burger on lettuce and tomato, and a somewhat stale wheat or wholegrain bun. For $8+.

That says poser to me, as (in hindsight) does the place's name. Def won't be going back to try the other dishes. Too many other better places in town to eat out, and I can get as good a burger at the grocery freezer aisle, and can cook it much better myself.

1  Thank Kieren M