“Fantastic brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast
Stillwater, New Jersey, USA
“Fantastic brunch”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were here at 9:00 on a Saturday morning. The place had a really upbeat, live and friendly atmosphere. I ordered the "Kitchen sink". It was a 9" frying pan with a layer of homefries covering the bottom. This was covered with a 4 egg omlet with ham, bacon, peppers and onions. Then it had 2 homemade biscuits on top all covered in sausage gravy. It was fantastic and was also lunch the next day. My wife had thick french toast infused with strawberries which had a strawberry cream cheese topping. She loved it and had half for lunch the next day.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Brunch”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stopped here before we hit the road to depart Philly. The wait, which is the only reason I didn't give the restaurant five stars, was well over 30min; it was closer to 45min.
I ordered the creme brulee French Toast (as I love all things creme brulee) and my friend and I split the egg platter, which came with eggs, bacon, and home fries. The food arrived in about 20min but the waitress did a great job at keeping up abreast of its progress.
As soon as she brought over the food everyone's cell phones came out. We took pictures to capture the beautiful presentation of our dishes. (Kudos to the chef.) And everything was delicious. Everything.

“Never again”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I've read the good reviews. My girlfriend and I tried breakfast this morning. I wanted biscuits n gravy with 2 eggs and home fries. I just wanted the gravy over the biscuits, potatoes, and eggs. If you have traveled to the south, this is a common option. It came on 3 seperate plates. My server Nate pointed out to me it didn't come as I ordered it as he dropped it off. Clearly he understood how I wanted it and clearly he understood he was not bringing as I ordered. I'm not a baby. I simply asked for a side of the sausage gravy so I could pour it over my eggs. It never came and Nate did not come back to check on me for 15 minutes. I are the home fries and sent everything else back. Mistakes happen, but there is no excuse for Nate ignoring me as long as he did. I had another server put in French toast for me and asked that the items I had not touched be taken off. They were not both taken off. I had to ask for a manager. He was polite and apologetic. He took off what I didn't eat. If my server was more attentive and I didn't have to ask for a manager, which I dispose doing, we would give this place another chance. Never going back.

New York City, New York
“Wonderful Brunch!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We got into the city rather early and walked by this brunch spot on our way to the hotel. We wer famished and the portions were plentiful! I ordered the Pork Belly Benedict and would have continued eating if I knew I wouldn't be stuffed afterward. My friend ordered the biscuits and gravy side, which could have made a meal by itself. The gravy was fantastic and a bit spicy. Service was good and the price was right. I'd stop by here again when I'm in Philly!

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Waitress”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Despite my tiramisu french toast being cold, it didn't taste horribly. We had a great waitress (Andrea, I think) who was very attentive. I'm 7 months pregnant, and the bacon I ordered just wasn't done enough. I sent it back to the kitchen and received hot, well done bacon. It was a very nice visit and there is no wonder why they are packed every single day.

Visited August 2013