“Awesome Waitress”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Despite my tiramisu french toast being cold, it didn't taste horribly. We had a great waitress (Andrea, I think) who was very attentive. I'm 7 months pregnant, and the bacon I ordered just wasn't done enough. I sent it back to the kitchen and received hot, well done bacon. It was a very nice visit and there is no wonder why they are packed every single day.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Expect a wait if you are going here on the weekend. We had to wait about 20 minutes. There isn't anywhere to wait except for the sidewalk.

The food was very good. Service was ok. They were busy, which I understand, but the server never came back to check to see if I needed more water and I ran out halfway through my meal.

Prices were what I expected. Same as most of the brunch spots in Philly.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The breakfast was terrific, and the service impeccable. On a summer Sunday morning, we were told 20 minutes, and it was 45. When we said we had a flight to catch, we were served immediately. The egg dishes were fabulous and the staff super.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We'd eaten at Green Eggs in South Philly (overcrowded, loud) so approached this with some trepidation on a mid-week morning when we were in Center City. To our surprise, the place was nearly empty, which meant it was very quiet and the service was great. The good was great, too--from the overstuffed breakfast burrito to the brioche French toast to the far more simple eggs and potatoes. The portions are huge! The food was well-prepared, the menu varied and including some regional specialties (scrapple). All in all, a welcome discovery in Center City, and a great place to start if one plans on exploring that part of Philadelphia.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a very good breakfast here. I came for the vegan french toast but ended up liking the breakfast potatoes better. Little steep for breakfast but we were glad we gave it a shot.