“For those who love breakfast”
Review of Green Eggs Cafe

Green Eggs Cafe
Ranked #51 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Key West, Florida
“For those who love breakfast”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We usually eat at the South Philly location, and I really love the place. I don't think it would be a great spot for "dainty" breakfast folks, but I love a large breakfast that allows me to even skip lunch on a busy day. I love the "Kitchen Sink"!! It's true what others have said about it not having a regular breakfasts, but that is what IHop is for. I love the menu, and think they do a great job offering a creative variety. The staff can often be dissapointing, The bussers always seem busy and helpful, but the servers seem a bit distant, and management seems to be more of a friend to the staff than a boss. Honestly I think the management staff is just to young for the position. The place could definitely use someone in charge. But, as I said, the food makes up for the unprofessional service. They are not terrible, just a bit young and preoccupied.

• Visited October 2012

Beaufort, NC
“what are they thinking of?”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had breakfast at this place earlier this week. I can't imagine what its fans see in the cutesy but over the top menu. Is it too much to ask for a place to offer standard breakfast fare along with a choice of new and unusual items, ingredients or toppings, etc. for those who want to experience something a bit different or special? First off, they were out of orange juice -- at breakfast time! So a bland tangerine juice out of a carton was offered instead. The belgian waffle looked OK at first blush but was very heavy -- not at all light, fluffy and crisp as it should be. The red velvet pancakes -- one of their signature dishes -- was so humongous that your appetite shriveled up just contemplating it. It also was heavy. My steak and eggs were OK, but the accompanying wheat toast was bland (and barely toasted) and their version of home fries had obviously been sitting around in the kitchen for quite a while. Considering these shortcomings, a bill for $78, including tip, for four breakfasts seemed a bit much. Won't be going back.

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One word...yum!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food here was amazing!!!!! I'm not sure what location I went to because I'm not from Philly but I was referred by a friend who is from here. We didn't know what to order because we wanted sweet and savory so we ordered a bit of everything. The wait was a bit long but they told us we could sit in our car (it was raining) and they would call our cell phones when the table was ready. Once the hostess called she said start making our way & it would be a few minutes, as soon as we walked in we were seated. I always feel like tables for two are in the most awkward places and you are always squished in between two huge tables but we got a table right in a little nook, it was great. When our bill came we just couldn't believe we ate enough food to last a few days and the bill was under 40 bucks. I will definitely come here again & again when I am in Philly next.

• Visited September 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
“Awesome Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just had Sunday brunch here with my family. Holy cow- what great food. Lox, capers and cream cheese omelet, cajun eggs benedict, apple caramel french toast, tiramisou french toast- all delicious. Portions are large. Often a wait at busy times, but worth a visit and worth the wait.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Definitely go! We skipped the famous Red Velvet pancakes but the omelettes were tasty and kept us going all day

Visited September 2012