“More than just trees...”
Review of Morris Arboretum

Morris Arboretum
Ranked #37 of 463 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania is a historic public garden and educational institution. It promotes an understanding of the relationship between plants, people and place through programs that integrate science, art and the humanities.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had a chance to visit the arboretum this summer with my nephews and niece and we all had a great time. Whether taking in the trees, the BUGS sculptures, the railway trains, or the tree tops exhibit, there was plenty to enjoy. We had great weather and it was a perfect day to be outside. Probably not a great bet if the weather is less than favorable.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were invited to attend this place with friends and what a beautiful place it turned out to be! It was a glorious day and a trip here was wonderful. We also got to see a "ground-hog" which is a first for us (we don't get them in the UK) and the chipmunks also kept us entertained...splendid

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have a membership here,live 25min away and love coming there.... It is not like Longwood gardens, it is a pure arboretum and not a botanical garden, it is more like a lovely park that is well looked after....it is quiet expensive for a one time visit i think.... But a 100usd family membership is fine if you live close by... Actually highly recommended. I like going t here with my kids-toddlers they just walk around, look for the different attractions... The train is sooooo cute, my son could watch it for hours, the bugs was a success too, some water areas that they jump into in summer... I very much like the place.

1  Thank B U
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We did a 4 arboretum tour when everything was in bloom in April. Morris is more a non-formal garden approach. It was a very good visit, at the right time of year in late April, and worth the trip.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Morris Arboretum is very close to my home and I've been there several times with friends and family. It isn't behemoth like LONGWOOD GARDENS, but has much to offer. It's a treasure in the Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia. My grandchildren especially loved running around the beautiful grounds surrounded by magnificent trees, flowers, plants.......rolled down the hills and were in awe of the fantastic Railroad Trains, amazing display...watching the train go under bridges and over hills etc.

Out on a Limb, fairly new display to get Bird's Eye view. Unique ... loaded with information and pretend you're a bird in that tree see what you can see that high up.

Morris Arboretum has a wonderful Greenhouse built in the last decade and will have concerts periodically at different sections of the Arboretum. Grounds maintained well. Small gift shop but all you need for souvenirs. What the Arboretum lacks in my opinion is a better eating restaurant. They have a fast food with limited menu available but disappointed in it. I would suggest after touring the arboretum to drive the few blocks into Chestnut Hill's Germantown Ave Main street where many restaurants and interesting shops can complete your day.