“"Accidental" tourist”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Silverstone Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I found the Silverstone "by accident" due to our procrastination in finding accommodations for a recent convention. How fortunate for us! The Silverstone is as lovely and gracious as it's owners, Rom and Yolanta. The home is spacious, clean and comfortable with wonderful architectural details. The guest rooms are quite large and the Tempurpedic bed in our room was a treat! Breakfast was delicious and filling. The property is located in a fabulous part of town, with very easy access to the city. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the Chestnut Hill area on foot and admiring the incredibly beautiful architecture. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Barbara Z

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed at this property while on a workshop for 6 nights. I found the accommodation to be clean, well appointed and the overall ambiance to be like stepping back into time. The four poster bed in the room was just perfect. The owners were very welcoming and did their best to ensure that it felt like to to myself and other guests. I was very pleased to have access to a kitchen for my late evening dinners. I would recommend a stay. yes, it is true as mentioned elsewhere that the individual rooms do not lock (not a concern for me) and that the owners can be chatty - a feature of a bed and breakfast that I quite enjoy. I appreciated the personalized attention. there is some street noise as they face a major street - again, it did not bother me, but one should be aware.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are the same size/price or with bathrooms. check and decide based on your needs
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We give five stars to the Silverstone. The inn keepers are gracious and fascinating. They're from Poland (30 years ago) and are passionate experts on the history of Poland and Ukraine. They are great conversationalists. Huge rooms, very elegant, up to date on all modern amenities in a 175 year old mansion. Delicious breakfast. Easy walk to Septa train into central Philly. Wonderful walking opportunities through Chestnut Hill and around to park trails -- 8 mile loop. See their map. We loved our experience at the Silvestone. We couldn't have felt more welcome.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Having been to so many similar places all over the world, I can state with conviction that the place has a unique ambience and the friendliness of the hosts is unparalleled. Rom's breakfast omelettes are legendary.
Andrew

Room Tip: We stayed in the library.
1  Thank Andrzej K
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great victorian home tastefully decorated. All the amenities in a beautiful setting. We slept in a room which has a tempurpedic mattress which first felt weird but turned out to be very comfortable. Rooms are full of antiques and old family portraits. Hosts were very nice, it felt as if staying with family. Highly recommended.

1  Thank PawelJK
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Staying at the Silverstone B and B is a treat which we were lucky enough to enjoy this past week. Located in the historic and beautiful Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia, the home is a great blend of Victorian charm and modern comforts. We arrived on a snowy evening and had no trouble reaching it; all was shoveled clear. The reception rooms are spacious and very bright with natural light, and beautifully decorated. We stayed in a room called "the library" and it was the quietest room I have experienced in our recent travels. Extremely comfortable bed with special mattress, huge bathroom complete with modern updates and towel warmer! We were treated to a full breakfast the next day in the dining room, delicious. The hosts are welcoming, helpful, and friendly, and truly make you feel like Silverstone is your home during your stay. Highly recommend this wonderful B and B; we will return for sure.

2  Thank mandm412
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I and my brother recently visited family in Chestnut Hill, PA and had the pleasure of staying at the Silverstone B & B. The accommodations were outstanding and the owners very friendly and very attentive. The home itself was something out of history and the breakfast was made to order and delicious. I felt as if we were staying with family, very inviting. I enjoyed being able to come and go as we pleased without "checking in" each time we left or returned. Our room was huge and well appointed. The bathroom was equally large with a huge shower and HOT water. The towels were warm and wonderful toiletries were provided. I felt like I was stepping back in time to a luxurious old inn.
The morning breakfast was made to order and my brother was overwhelmed with the spinach and ham omelet. The owner was able to custom tailored a paleo breakfast for myself and even shared her amazing seed bread. Fresh fruit and even smoked salmon with capers and onions were served for our enjoyment.
All in all I would highly recommend this establishment and my Aunt who found this lovely inn will recommend it to future visitors as well.
This inn is not the Marriott or Hyatt and that's exactly what made it so wonderful. When you stay at a B & B you are staying with a family who wants to extend their lovely home to the public and takes pride in their accommodations and hospitality. The Silverstone is such a place and I will stay again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Phillytrip2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
Chestnut Hill
Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 25 in Philadelphia
City Center West
La Reserve Center City Bed and Breakfast

Been to Silverstone Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!