“Not welcoming.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Silverstone Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not welcoming.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

on returning at 9.30pm B&B in darkness (dangerous) and very cold no heating on .small towel heater in bathroom took an hour to warm up ,me and other guests kept our coats on .
when I asked Yolanta (owner for wake up call twice she said 'You don't need awake up call " next day her husband into breakfast and infront of other guests said "Yolanta in a very bad mood ,she told me to go wake you up !My room less than half the size of other rooms and yet was charged the same $115 other guests told me to complain then Yolanta very annoyed with me !!Renee helper (she did all the work ) was great and very accommodating always with a warm smile .Her service I would rate excellent ,the owners poor !
In general I do NOT recommend this B&B because of the owners overall attitude was punitive and condescending .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bernadette2014
Yolantaroman, Owner at Silverstone Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I am very sorry that our guest from Kuala Lumpur (special discount, $115 per night, for the Institutes’ patients) did not feel at home in “Silverstone”.
Its my fault, and, therefore, my apology and explanation is necessary:
Quite often I treat our guests informally; I tell stories, jokes, anegdotes – without realizing that my behavior might be received as unprofessional. 99 percents of the quests have good time and enjoy the homy atmosphere in our B&B (please read other reviews and what people write about us). But there are others who prefer a hotel-like, official service. Being a host, I should have been able to “read” the guests and behave appropriately to their expectations. I am very sorry that last time I wasn’t successful.
Rom Roman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2013

What an incredible BB. We stayed as a couple over Thanksgiving. The hosts of the BB were amazing and they made our stay there a wonderful experience. The breakfast was extensive with anything you could ask for, the rooms were pristine, clean, with the character of an old Victorian mansion, the service was outstanding. We felt like we were treated as though we were family.
Thank you Silverstone! We recommend this to anyone stop in and around Phili.
Krystyna & Damian

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place is the best hidden gem in Philadelphia. We were amazed and felt like we were in Europe. The Room was large and well equipped. The home made food was incredible . The coffee was best I ever had. You will be so happy with this booking, so just do it and see for yourself

Room Tip: Any room you get there is worth every penny.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom536
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I spent 3 nights here while in the area to provide care for a family member. I come to the area often and usually stay in one of the chain hotels nearby, but I am very glad I chose to stay at Silverstone B&B during this trip. The owners are very available and radiate such sincere and heartfelt hospitality that it was a comfort to be their guest. The room was spacious and the bed was extra comfortable (a Posturepedic mattress). The bathroom was clean and fully stocked with nice toiletries. The breakfast each morning was made to order and very generous. This is a lovely accommodation in every way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Yolantaroman, Owner at Silverstone Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Sometimes I am feeling that it is a privilege to be a host in a B&B , because there are such a nice people coming to stay with us. Some of them need only a tasty breakfast, other are searching for a homy place different than a hotel. And meeting these people often makes me a better person.
Rom Roman
maine
Reviewed September 4, 2013

First, I am not a B & B person! Having said that, I must say my five night stay was comfortable and relaxed. I enjoyed my room and the house. A private bathroom was included. Breakfasts were wonderful and plentiful. Host and hostess were polite and professional. Guests have access to a washer/dryer. Being within walking distance, or short drive if one wishes, to Chestnut Hill's main drag is reason enough to stay here! I would definitely stay here again. It's close enough to downtown Philly for a family visit to the historic sites and art museums.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank havefuneveryday
California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed four nights at this historic and lovely bed and breakfast.We were welcomed by the friendly owners Rom and Yolanta who ensured that we had what we needed and answered any questions about nearby restaurants, museums and trails to enjoy. Large room upstairs with private bath, spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. Every morning we enjoyed a full breakfast prepared by the talented chef and harpist Renee. Delicious food and excellent coffee from a local coffee brewer. My husband loved the blueberrry pancakes and I enjoyed the fruits and eggs!
Walked to chestnut hill for dinner at Heirloom-wonderful.
We would definitely recommend this lovely place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CatCalifornia
aldek, Public Relations Manager at Silverstone Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear CatCalifornia,
Thank you for your review. To hear from you (an experienced tripadvisor's reviewer) that new coffee was good and that our PR manager was doing a great job was a great reward, especially for Rom. He's showed your review to Renee, and forgot to show it to Yolanta (who,as an B&B owner, doesn't need encouragement).
Truly Yours,
Rom
Ringoes, New Jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We came back 3rd time. This place is fabulous! It is not only beautifully decorated, but also provides warm and comfort traveler needs. The breakfasts are delicious and the hosts are terrific. We can't wait to be back! Thank you Yolanta a and Aldek!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aldek, Public Relations Manager at Silverstone Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Stan and Barbara,
Maybe our breakfast was good, but your company - even better !
Thanks for coming. Next time double omelets for both of you!