“A warm, comfortable and pleasant stay!”

Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Muscat, Oman
“A warm, comfortable and pleasant stay!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I visited Philly to take the USMLE Step 2 CS exam, and decided to stay at this cozy inn based on prior recommendations from similar exam candidates.I was most definitely not disappointed! From the charming interiors of the inn to the scrumptious breakfast menu - every moment of my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. The hospitality and warmth of the innkeepers was excellent. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Philly - for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Cornerstone is a beautiful B&B in University City, w/in easy walking distance to the AMTRAK station. We arrived really early on a Friday, too early to check in (as previous guests were still in the room), but Dennis welcomed us with coffee, waived the early check-in fee, and let us stash our bags while we explored Philly. He also gave us a map and quickly oriented us to the downtown area, the subway (SEPTA), and recommended points of interest based on our preferences. Off we went! When we returned, our bags were in our room (University Suite- which was spotless, cozy, and very tastefully decorated), and Chris & Jules were at the helm, making sure we felt welcome but not being intrusive at all.

All in all, the accommodations were wonderful, easy access to restaurants and AMTRAK and the subway, great breakfasts, and extremely friendly and helpful proprietors. We definitely recommend The Cornerstone and hope to return ourselves next time we're in Philly.

• Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I registered late for my conference in Philadelphia and all the conference hotel rooms were taken. I found the Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast online and stayed there this weekend. It is one of the most charming B & B's I've stayed in, every inch looks lovingly restored to its Victorian origins--except with all the modern conveniences and amenities tastefully blended into the decor. It is painstakingly cared for and clean with gleaming wood floors, beautifully furnished and decorated, and is in a nice quiet neighborhood of other Victorian houses. Just a quick walk to the Market/Franklin subway, I was at the Convention Center in 20 minutes. The host, Dennis, is helpful and friendly and when I came down to breakfast, my place at the dining room table was all set for me in the gorgeous dining room--check out the ceiling, beautiful detail! I love this place and wish I could've stayed longer. I will definitely be back with my husband. It's charming, romantic and comfortable!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here when I was presenting a workshop at U Penn. The innkeepers were extremely helpful in offering suggestions for restaurants as well as directions. The Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast is a lovely place to stay. Thank you for making us feel at home and the amazing breakfast. This will be my go to place when I return to Philly.

• Stayed January 2014
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Dennis and Liz are wonderful hosts of Cornerstone B&B. I was made to feel so welcome from initial telephone booking, arrival, my 3 nights and the morning I left. I would definitely recommend Cornerstone B&B to future guests who find themselves needing accommodation in this part of Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Let the hosts know your requirements, and they'll find the right room for you!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kccf_ab
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We came in to Philadelphia for a college visit and found the Cornerstone Inn B & B! The home is a beautiful Victorian and the public rooms are lovely and welcoming. We stayed in the Fairmount Room, and it was perfect. Extremely clean and comfortable with a private bath area. Jules and Chris are wonderful hosts and really make you comfortable. Looking forward to future stays! The location is very close to both Penn and Drexel and all of the Philly sightseeing spots are easy to get to with the metro.

Room Tip: Review the Inn's website to find the perfect room for your stay.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MerinCols
Connecticut, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We found the Cornerstone B & B to be a welcoming, beautiful and spotless place to stay in a very convenient location. We stayed in the Furness Room...perfect for 1 or 2 people, ensuite bathroom, comfortable bed, super-clean and pretty, too! The innkeepers were wonderful, breakfast was delicious, and the Victorian front porch is a lovely place to people watch, read, relax or have a (great) cup of coffee. Tea, coffee and snacks are set out for guests to enjoy at any time...the neighborhood is charming and quiet, and a very short drive from downtown Philly. Check out the ceiling in the dining room! Pretty details everywhere. I highly recommend the Cornerstone!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family