Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast
  • Breakfast included
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
The Windsor Suites(Philadelphia)
  • Pool
All reviewsdrexel universityb bfranklin roomcs examstep cstest centerhomemade breakfastbeautiful stained glass windowsbeautifully restored victorianmedical studentsowners were friendlyown bathroomweekend breakfastother guestsgreat hostsmodern conveniencesstreet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Take it from a long-time B & B user, Cornerstone B & B is a great place to stay.My friends and I attended a convention in Philadelphia, but we didn't want to stay near the convention center. We wanted to stay someplace comfortable and quiet--someplace that was like being at home.We hit the jackpot with Conerstone Bed & Breakfast. This friendly, family-run B & B is in a lovely neighorhood adjacent to Drexel University, just blocks from the subway (3 train stops from the convention center). The place is just as homey, clean and cozy as it could be. The hosts are kind and helpful with restaurant recommendations, directions to local culture spots and knowledge of local running spots, as well. Continental breakfast (cereals, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs and home baked cakes and muffins) is served in a spacious dining room and if you are fortunate enough to stay on the weekend, special breakfasts are served on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays (walnut pancakes or fresh fruit-filled stuffed bread)! The convention kept us very busy and when we arrived for the evening, the sleep was peaceful. If you're in Philadelphia, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Best to stay in the Furness, Philadelphia or University Suite. These are the rooms that don't face the sometimes busy street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2013

If you are like us and prefer staying in a small Inn/House as opposed to a hotel, Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast is for you!! Everything impressed us! The care and attention given to the total experience
of staying there is A # 1! The very best thing about our visit, though, was the care, help and attention we received from Dennis, Liz and Chris.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and very tastefully appointed!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Absolutely wonderful experience :) The owner was incredibly kind, personable and made my entire experience so pleasant! He had maps drawn out and a list of places that were within walking distance to try out. The room was beautifully decorated and so very comfortable; I felt like I was at home! The house was absolutely gorgeous and the aesthetics are so warm and cozy. The breakfast was so fresh and absolutely delicious (best coffee ever!) My overall experience was absolutely perfect and I look forward to spending time there in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in late June - I forget the date! Anyway, my partner made the reservation and I was a little skeptical when I realized how close we would be to downtown Philly. No worries though, it's a nice neighborhood with some cool and funky homes and it's super close to great places to see.

Minutes from the museum and the old Penitentiary (which the Innkeeper gave us tickets to), and a hop from the historic area of Philly.

Parking is on street, but you have to expect that this close to everything! Not a problem for us as we were able to park right in front.

Innkeepers were very pleasant as were the other guests. The continental breakfast was quite acceptable with good choices provided. The Inn is roomy and very clean with a terrific front porch to relax on in the evening with a cup of java.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is great friendly and welcoming.... very clean, beautiful rooms, great location and wonderful breakfast definitely a place to stay if you are going to Philly...
Thank you Chris, Jules, Liz and Dennis!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo