“A nice stay in Philly”

Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We enjoyed our 9 days stay at Conerstone B&B. The XIX century house situated on the Drexel campus is very convenient and nice, near subway and museums. We liked very much the hospitality of Dennis and his wife, the Dennis's humour and his help to feel you welcome. The room was nice ans clean and the breakfasts gave a great moment of hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cornerstone B&B. The rooms were beautiful and the breakfast food was delicious! The location is extremely convenient, with plenty of restaurants close by for lunch and dinner. The staff was very hospitable. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I elected to try a B & B for our family vacation in Philly instead of the standard hotel. We tried the Cornertone based on location, room options, and on-line reviews and we were not disappointed at all. Our room was very nice, roomy and clean, the food was great, and Dennis and Liz were awesome. My oldest son loved the experience and really made friends with Dennis and Liz especially when she gave him a nice bake treat after our return from the ball game. Bottom line the room was very nice, the food was great, parking was easy, very convenient to sites in the city, and Dennis was great with the guidance and suggestions. My son can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John T
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were delighted by our stay at this B and B! The innkeepers were very knowledgeable and helpful when we wanted advice on where to eat, what to see, etc. The location was convenient and the neighborhood was bustling with college life which could be watched from the front porch. The building itself was truly a treasure of architectural details. Very pretty. Our room was clean, comfortable and roomy , having an extra living suite and private bath. We spent three nights and the breakfasts were all very good, especially the weekend fare. We enjoyed what we saw of Philly and hope to return to this B and B again.

Room Tip: The room we had was the University Suite.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My son and I were visiting colleges, and this very pleasant B&B was walking distance from the University of Pennsylvania campus and from 30th Street Station for connections to our other destinations. The University Suite had a very comfortable sofa bed for him in a separate room and a spacious bedroom for me. Excellent AC most welcome on a hot June day, and the continental breakfast featured fresh fruit salad and homemade scones. The hosts were friendly without being overbearing; the husband had a refreshingly wry sense of humor. The area is urban and lively, with a lot of inexpensive restaurants (thanks to the college students); folks from suburbs or small towns might be taken aback by a few rundown buildings and some For Rent signs, but they should give it a try. Not cheap, but a good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I booked Cornerstone on-line via Bookings.com. The Cornerstone website was appealing and told me what I needed to know. My week long stay was very comfortable and my hosts Dennis and Liz went out of their way to be helpful, even serving me a weekend breakfast earlier than their advertised hours. Lots of nice little touches made the stay feel homelike rather than part of a business. The house is old, but renovated, so don't expect super modern everything. But if, like me, you enjoy a bit of character, I would highly recommend Cornerstone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2012

In May, my sister, my son and I stayed for 7 days while researching family history and seeing the sights and history of Philadelphia. Our stay was very enjoyable and relaxing. Breakfast was always very nice, especially with the great conversations and sharing of stories. The owners are very lovely people and are always there to answers questions and help you with directions. (Thanks Dennis!) I think our stay exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful week there and wish we could do it again some day. Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family